“Romantic breakfast”

Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Suttons Bay
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: The V.I. Grill serves fresh and local American fare in a family friendly atmosphere. Some of our specialties include Fresh Whitefish, Black Angus burgers, natural hand cut fries, fresh salads or unique sandwiches. Don't forget to save room for our local fresh daily desserts including Moomers Ice Cream. Enjoy a outdoor dining around a stone fireplace with a full bar area. Our Tavern is accented with hand scraped Hickory floors and Mahogany back bar with 22 taps, tv's are visible and our dining room includes a two story stone fireplace and specializes in large groups. Next time your in Suttons Bay, experience the history of Leelanau County Est. 1871!
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Quick breakfast before watching the sunrise. Good food and excellent service. Comfy rustic atmosphere

1  Thank Brenda F
Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you say at one of the tables by the fireplace!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I've been coming to VI since a while now. Had their specials or regular dishes. I do love specials night 1/2 off Mexican Wednesday, Friday Fish&Chips, Saturday 1/2 off pizza... always accommodated my demands.
VI is a place where you feel comfortable, either at the bar or in a booth.
The food is good and they have a great choice of beers. Even some wine if you're like me.
Staff is friendly.

Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for making the V.I. a regular stop. I'm glad you are able to take advantage of some of our Winter Specials and i'm happy to hear the staff is taking good care of you! Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch after driving up to see the lighthouse. We were pleasantly surprised with the place...nice decor, clean, spacious. We were seated promptly and our service was great. The food was very good also. I had the fish tacos. I would definitely stop here again.

Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for stopping in on your way back from the lighthouse. I’m glad we were able to deliver a little more than you expected. We look forward to welcoming back soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best bloody Mary I have ever had. We got perch bites, Cobb salad and grilled chicken salad. All very delish and fresh. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable and recommended a few wineries to try out. VI is a tradition to stop at each time we are in Suttons Bay

Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for your review of the V.I. Grill. I am glad you enjoyed your food and drink and I am especially happy to hear that the server gave you great service. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff. I will pass it along!

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We live in the village of Suttons Bay and find ourselves frequently out to dinner at the VI Grill. Everyday in the winter they have great specials such as Friday night perch, Saturday night half price pizza and Wednesday half off Mexican. You will find this restaurant filled with locals and visitors. It's cozy and friendly.

Richard R, Owner at V.I. Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thank you for your kind review and thanks for being a regular guest during our Winter specials. It is fun to see new and familiar faces enjoying their night out. I’m glad you are spending time with us this Winter:). Thank you for your feedback