“Delicious ”

Calypso Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #64 of 328 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Description: Authentic Mediterranean food from our third generation Turkish chef. We also offer many American dishes as well as daily specials. Prices range from $12-$32. Please visit our web site to see our menu and pictures. Thank you
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We decided to try Calypso as we had not been before. We had one of the specials, short ribs, and an appetizer. Never had calamari prepared this way. Talked about the interesting flavors throughout our meal. Very nice decor. We'll go again.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

First time at Calypso and my wife and I both loved our meals. I had the rack of lamb and it was delicious. The vegetables that accompanied this meal were also fantastic.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

First of all, the ambiance was fantastic. They did a GREAT job remodeling. SERVICE: Jayme was our server - very friendly, helpful and thorough. She gets an A+. FOOD: first, complimentary bread - it was fresh, warm and tasty w/ flavorful dipping oil. For our app, my wife and I ordered the Calypso Fries, which were super good! My wife said, "I need to stop eating these so I don't get full", but continued right on eating, haha. For the main course I ordered the Beef Kofte wrap. Since it was a little cheaper than the other main course meals ($14), I was skeptical about it not being enough food. I was wrong! Not only was it SUPER tasty, it was large and filling. My wife had the Mediterranean Pasta, which she said was really good, but short of great - a WHOLE LOT of food, so tremendous value. Finally, it was my birthday, so I received a free desert: I chose the crème brulee, which was lovely. They have a nice wine list, specialty drinks and beers, both bottled and on tap. Since this place isn't in the prime location (downtown) I really hope it does well. It's located across the street from East Bay next to the Quality Inn. We will be back.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

WE celebrated our 40th anniversary here on short notice after our airline flight was cancelled. We had a short window of time to enjoy our dinner and they did a terrific job accommodating us. Our waiter was extremely attentive and treated us royally. The food was excellent and we look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We had a fabulous meal with superior service at Calypso. A very welcome addition to Easy Bay and Traverse City. The Mediterranean Shrimp is out of this world. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her Orzo salad with shrimp too.