“Newly remodeled rooms. Spacious and cozyl A great value!”
Review of Sierra Motel

Sierra Motel
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Spur of the moment trip to Traverse City. Called on the way and snagged a King. The owner said it would be ready to check into upon our arrival. (Wasn't THAT nice!)

Have stayed here before. Owners are extremely friendly. Rooms exceptionally clean. A BIG plus was that the rooms had been recently remodeled.

At the very edge of town. Couldn't be a better location. Really enjoyed the fact that we could actually park right in front of our room. An older property, but extremely well maintained. They'll be seeing us again!

Room Tip: Only three King on the first floor..try to snag one...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2inaruba

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Came up here for work was looking for a good place to stay. Came across this hotel. Very nice very clean the staff was amazing my entire stay was great I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Will stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

On a whim, we drove up to Traverse Bay on a Saturday in June. We knew finding any room would be a challenge, maybe impossible to find a fair priced one given the time of year...but then we found a gem in the Sierra Motel. Moderately priced, and super clean rooms. A "mom & pop" type establishment who took pride in their property & hospitality. They had fresh flowers hanging from the railings, American buntings hung on the balconies, & an immaculate yard. The rooms were fresh & inviting. The innkeepers greeted us with smiles & friendliness upon walking in the office door. Run by a sweet hard working family who know how to treat their guests. We had a wonderful restful night sleep in very comfortable clean beds. Greeted again in office next morning with a smile & fresh coffee & muffins. Host was very accommodating. After we'd left, I discovered I'd left my iPad in room. Our host had already tried to call me at my home (but we were in another part of the state). She seemed happy to hear from me, as if she were a close friend. She offered to mail it back to me; but we decided to return to Traverse to get it the next day. She welcomed me back with a big hug. It was like staying with family who cared how our lives were. Definitely suggest anyone stay with these wonderful inn owners.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

The front desk person was so sweet. The rooms were comfortable and clean. We came a day early and couldn't get into the hotel we had booked so we stayed at the Sierra. I will save myself 200.00 a night next time and just book the Sierra. If you just need a comfy place to sleep because you will be out enjoying the sites-stay here.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Motel is very clean and the service is very friendly. Price is reasonable. Rooms are quiet and comfortable Beds are comfortable and the bathroom facilities are adequate. Very good place to spend the night during our Michigan tour. We stay at this motel every year.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple