All reviews typical courtyard marriott courtyard general manager business travel pool and hot tub third floor three nights short drive free breakfast very nice hotel great place to stay lobby tc cons shampoo housekeeping woods
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I love staying here. I got a room with a balcony facing the woods. Its nice to sit out and have coffee in the morning or open it at night for fresh air. The staff is so nice. They really take care of you.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We are in a great location with the woods and wet land behind us but still close to downtown and the waterfront. I will share your comments with the staff at our employee lunch this week.

I hope you return to Traverse City and the Courtyard soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I booked late in the high season and was disappointed that I couldn't get a room at one of the beach front hotels. But now, having stayed at many TC beach front hotels and this past weekend at the Courtyard Traverse City, I have to say that this hotel is so much better than beach front options. My experience has been that a beach front gives you a tiny little beach and an old, worn, sometimes overused room. This hotel had amazingly welcoming staff, and a great cafe/bistro on site, so I got a lovely dinner and a glass of wine after a very long day. Shout out to the lady working at the cafe/bistro for bringing my dinner and wine to the outside patio so that I could continue to enjoy the lovely evening even though the hour was late. The room was spacious and bed very comfortable. The bathroom and room were exceptionally clean. The location was good because of easy airport access. Because of the season, the rate was high. But that would be true anywhere I booked in TC at this time of year, given my late booking. I am so glad that I had this option. I will look to book here first from now on.

Room tip: I had a room on the third floor. It was quiet and had a tree line view.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed three nights,let’s start with
PRO
Comfortable bed, quaint sofa bed stylish giving room a nice feel, Starbucks in lobby,friendly Front desk staff.
CONS:
Housekeeping needs re education: asked for extra towels first night as 3 people in room. Second night only got two again. Shampoo,conditioner, lotion not always refreshed or replenished ...disappointing.
coffee cups not restocked in room as well. Fridge door broken so couldn’t put sodas in door, temp hot cold dial not working either altho I reported problems daily, water pressure on third floor not always consistent. pool temps on the cool side but large pool and hot tub on first floor. Overall disappointing stay at the Marriott.FYI if you get late check out room keys (and access to pool)automatically deactivate at noon requiring a stop At front desk to reactivate.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Our most favorite place to stay in Traverse City is this hotel. After finding it online, we checked into a King Suite with balcony. We even decided to become reward members for the stay 2 get one free visit, so now we are considered to be VIP reward members and get extra perks, early check in/late check out, extra supplies, even specific pillow fluffiness before we arrive. We are smokers so we always ask for balcony, and they always seem to make it happen. The guest service ladies are super helpful with places to eat, the beds seriously had me going online to purchase Marriot website mattress. It’s insane how you can expect and receive a clean comfortable stay without worrying how things will be. The Paul Mitchell shampoos are a sweet perk too since most places it’s gross shampoo no one wants to use. I was a General Manager for many years and my very first thing I do is inspect any room I stay in, this hotel passed the test on all points. And even better this has been done every stay with them to never have a single issue. Astonishing since I have NEVER found a perfect room..except those I was responsible for :) so first class passed the test on being clean. I’m a germaphobe therefore I’m tough.
Next would be the pool area always kept clean, extra towels were stacked. The location of this hotel couldn’t be more perfect with being out of the vacation/tourist ally of the water front traffic, it’s located center of town where you can get to all places Traverse City has to offer for business travel this would be primo. Vacation too unless your just in town for the beach everyday. Restaurants are surrounding your hotel, so your never out of where you need to be to eat. All around great hotel, we will be back and this is the only place I know what to expect and get it every time! Go housekeeping team!!!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

WOW, Thank you for your recent stay and great words of praise. I too am very proud of our staff. Some of our team members have been with us since the hotel opened 18 years ago. This hotel finished the first six months of 2018 in the top 9% of the Courtyard brand in Guest Satisfaction. I will be sharing your comments in our team member huddle this morning.

I hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Sleeping Bear Dunes. The hotel is older and shows some wear. However, the room was clean and quiet. There are a lot of eating options right outside the hotel. It is a little bit of a drive to downtown Traverse City, but not bad.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bryan M, General Manager at Courtyard Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard in Traverse City. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and quiet. I am happy to announce that our hotel is currently ranked in the top 10% of the Courtyard brand in guest satisfaction. I hope you will be returning to our area again soon.