“It might work for you”
Review of Thai Cafe

Thai Cafe
Ranked #196 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Thai
Description: In the Campus Shops stores.
Description: In the Campus Shops stores.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Been to many Thai food places and everyone is different. We ordered spring rolls and pad thia with shrimp. Also came with some kind of soup which tasted like cabbage and chicken soup base. Meal was good spring rolls were good. Soup was dull. I did not like extra sweet pad thai it was ok but way to much sugar. I know pad thia has some sweet taste to it but balance of sugar, salt and vinegar out of place. I would return to try other items on menu. They did use Thia peppers(not cayenne or jalapenos) in the hot dishes which was a plus!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

One of the hallmarks of a great restaurant is CONSISTENCY, and I am sorry to give a low rating, but the food here is highly inconsistent.
If you happen to order on a day when the food is consistent and made as it should be, the food is enjoyable.
But, if you draw the short straw and end up here on a day when the food is not made as it should be, the experience can be very bad.
I wondered if I was alone, but heard my co-worker ordering takeout from here and providing VERY explicit directions as to what ingredients to add. I asked her about it, and she also received orders missing many/most key ingredients.
When I say MOST, my Pad Thai had NO sauce! It was just white rice noodles. Arguably, that is a key ingredient.

PLEASE: Work on your consistency-Thai Cafe has the potential to be a really good restaurant for quick, great priced Thai food.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I have eaten Thai all over the USA. Our food tasted nothing like any Thai food I have eaten. Nothing. It was flavorless. It is as though it was missing the taste it is supposed to have. I have Pad Ke Mow (drunken noodles) my spouse had Pad Thai.

Will not return. Would strongly recommend not to eat here. Keep driving to the next place.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Our favorite takeout spot and also a quick meal close to home. It's a small, unassuming restaurant in a mini mall atmosphere but the food is always prepared well and perfectly spiced. Try the Pad Thai or any of the curries. Excellent!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Usually we get our food to go but we dined in this time. The food was good but not as good as last time I enjoyed Pad Thai (maybe March or April 2015). The server was nice enough but didn't get much attention as he was also the cashier. Nice clean little Thai place with decent food & decent prices.