I felt safe and the rooms were clean and quiet. Hot tub was less than extraordinary and the breakfast buffet wasn't impressive. It was fake bacon, cold and salty. I'd recommend a restaurant down the road or something.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
I felt safe and the rooms were clean and quiet. Hot tub was less than extraordinary and the breakfast buffet wasn't impressive. It was fake bacon, cold and salty. I'd recommend a restaurant down the road or something.MoreShow less
Thank you for your wonderful feedback we will continue to work on making improvements and we hope to see you again soon.
We stayed there over the weekend of Mother’s day with my wife and an infant. The hotel has neat and clean room, maintained bathroom, balcony and a good view. We had no complain as such and the staff were really friendly.
Thank you so much for the awesome review. We loved having you here and we hope to see you again soon.
We stayed one night here and it was so nice. Staff members very polite & the lady who checked us in (sadly I can’t recall her name because I had 2 squirmy kids who had been in car for over 4 hours under the age of 6) our room was beachfront and beautiful. It was on 2nd floor like we requested. Very clean/quiet and newly remodeled. Beds were legit so comfy! We will for sure be back next year for our yearly Easter weekend trip. I highly recommend. I didn’t get a chance to use pool or hot tub but I checked it out and it also looked very clean.
Thank you so much for your great feedback, we loved having you here and we can't wait to see you again next Easter.
The room reeked of cigarette smoke. We hadn't even brought things in from car but were told no other rooms were available and that they couldn't refund or move us.
You could also hear word-for-word both the music being piped into the hallway (why are there speakers blasting music at 10 at night), the conversation in the kitchen and of (obnoxious) drunk guests coming from the lounge or pool.
DO NOT stay on the 1st floor!
Front desk staff was nice but unable to move us to another room despite having asthma that's aggravated by allergy to smoke. Manager then insisted to hotels.com staff that we said that our plans had changed, (admitting no fault) so refused a refund. The night clerk Moniqua (sp?) tried but her hands were tied.
Hotels.com moved us to another property and they still refuse to make it right. Asthma/allergy sufferers beware... Sugar Beach saved our night
We appreciate your feedback. I have looked into your reservation and I see that we were sold out and unable to move you to a different room at that time but that you were refunded the very same day and there was no penalty for checking out early. I am so sorry that that happened to you and I hope that you will come back again and allow us another opportunity to better serve you.
My boyfriend & I came here for my birthday weekend & stayed for just Saturday night. We drove 3 hours to get to Traverse City.
- we arrived in T.C. at 9am & Called around 11am for an early check in, but we were greeted with a rude male on the phone saying check out just started at 11 & an early check in is unacceptable (even tho there was vacancy) & the soonest he could get us in would be 1. My boyfriend called back a half hour later & a woman answered & said she’d get us in happily as soon as possible. Idk why the first guy acted the way he did.
- The name “Resort” doesn’t really fit the place. It’s more of just a normal hotel with a beautiful view. The pictures kind of give false advertisement too cus We couldn’t find the fire pit set up or gazebo as shown in the pics.
- THE WORSE PART OF IT ALL was when we went to the bar/lounge (at 8pm) that was connected to the hotel. Our waiter accused us of bringing in outside drinks to our table (but we ordered them from the bar??), took 20mins to bring our appetizer which he then served us COLD queso (not the cook’s fault), charged extra for drinks on his tab (rather than the prices the bar gave) & STOLE OUR CHANGE!! The bill was $28 something, we gave $40 with a $7 tip & asked for our change back. But instead of giving us our $7.57 change back he pocketed $1.57! So he got an $8.57 tip for poor service!!
- We got our early check in that we asked for by the nice front desk lady
- We bought a king sized bed & couch room where The couch & bed were phenomenal. The room was nice & clean & I loved the eucalyptus smelling soaps!
- Didn’t expect a free breakfast but it was provided!
- Hot Tub in the pool room was easy to access & a great part of our trip
- Had a beautiful partial view of the lake (even though it was frozen lol)
- The bar tender was super nice, had cheap prices & even gave me a free Shirley Temple :)
All in all, we would probably stay again if it really came down to it. None of the bad things really made us want to never come back. Just a little upsetting. I had my hopes up, especially for my birthday weekend & the price we paid, but I enjoyed our stay overall :)
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will work hard to address the issues you mentioned and we hope that you will come back and allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Had a nice double queen room-very spacious. It was pretty high end looking and of course, spotless. The staff was courteous and professional. It was right on Grand Traverse Bay-beautiful! I left the curtains open to enjoy the view and stood out on the beach for a few minutes before leaving (it was cold).
Thank you so much for the great review we are so glad that you enjoyed the view and the staff. We hope that you will come back and enjoy the beach when it's a little warmer.