“Vacation ”

Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food and atmosphere. It didn't disappoint. I had the prime rib and my husband had the rainbow trout.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Picked this based upon the ratings and because we wanted "local" fare while in the area. I had the Walleye and my wife had the seafood linguini. Both were as good as we have ever had. Service excellent, clean and neat setting on the waters edge. Highly recommend. Prices reasonable. With drinks, meal, dessert and tip:$115

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Great venue, with a view of the bay. The staff were friendly and helpful to this first-time patron. The pan-seared Halibut with mushroom risotto melt in the mouth perfect. Was there at sundown, it was busy, so you might want to call ahead to see what the wait is like. But if you are willing to sit at the bar, you can almost always get in.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Being a pescatarian, I am always looking for good seafood restaurants, and this is simply the best in Traverse City, and the one I always recommend. My particular favorites are Apache Whitefish and the Walleye, but all of their dishes are superb. If a potato comes with your order , I highly recommend the candied sweet potato, which is the best I have eaten anywhere. It's like pumpkin pie without the crust and whipped cream. They do not take reservations and because it is so popular, the wait usually is 30-45 minutes, but if you need to wait for a table anywhere, this is the place. The waiting area, on the back patio sets right on the water with great views of Grand Traverse Bay and the Traverse City skyline. And they often have live music that is very relaxing. They also make some pretty good mules at the patio bar. Love this place.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We had a delightful evening and dinner at the Apache Grill in August. They do not take reservations, so expect a wait. However, they had a wonderful outdoor bar with tables and chairs overlooking the harbor. We had a nice wine while we waited for our table.
The wait staff is very good; cordial, inviting, and attentive. Even though there was a large wedding party next to us we were not neglected in any way.
For starters, we had the Sampler Board - wonderful and tasty. Dinner was a simple salad, and the Pan Seared Halibut: creamy mushroom asparagus risotto and lemon Beurre Blanc - excellent in every way.
It was a great evening with a great dinner. Highly recommend!