“Very busy but very good”
Review of Apache Trout Grill

Apache Trout Grill
Ranked #11 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We arrived on a Monday night and did have to wait 45 minutes for a table. The place was packed a a large table in front of us caused our service to be slow. We all ordered fish and 3 out of 4 of us were happy. The halibut with the asparagus risotto was delicious. The bread was hot and very good. Our server was attentive though she did have the super large table.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We were recommended to dine at apache grill by hotel staff while visiting traverse city. I ordered bacon burger for lunch & my mom ordered award winning mac & cheese. My hamburger was so overcooked I couldn't even cut it nevermind chew it. Mac & cheese was lousy definitely not award winning. Worst part was horrible customer service by both waiter & manager. After complaining about my food to waiter I was told he would talk to chef & manager & get back to me. 10 minutes later know one came back to my table to inform me what was going on. There was maybe 4 other tables dining at the time so being busy wasn't even an excuse. Finally I had to get up & find my waiter who was bringing me out another plate of food. Only then did the manager come over to talk to me.
In my opinion total lack of customer service & quality of food was inexcusable!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of dining here for over the summer. Long line? No problem! The patio is open with live music and ample seating. Kick back and have a cocktail with friends. I had the NY Strip and it was seasoned and prepared perfectly. Desert is a must as their cheese cake and pie selection is divine. On Sunday's they are open for brunch with an awesome buffet with a crepes station and cuts of prime rib to join breakfast favorites.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Stopped in for lunch while on vacation. Had some trouble getting seated when it wasn't that busy. While I am not a seafood fan the rest of the family loves seafood. This place didn't disappoint. The seafood was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was perfect as well and the staff were all good. There were two issues which brought this down from Excellent. I ordered the rueben with cole slaw. The rueben had no zest and no flavor. The cole slaw was dry and was basically cabbage and carrots put together. Very disappointing. Next, one of my party ordered the fish sandwich but received a burger. When the waiter realized his mistake he quickly took the meal away. When he brought the new sandwich back, he brought the same fries which were now cold. Major issue. So if you are looking for the seafood, head on over. Recommended with a little caution.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Delicious food. Nice atmosphere. Melt in your mouth filet, fall off the bone ribs, and to die for smoked whitefish dip.