“Disappointing”

Price range: US$18 - US$33
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I went to the Apache Grill today for the whitefish. The whitefish was very good, it was what came with it that was seriously lacking. My Yukon mashed potatoes were just that potatoes. No butter, salt pepper, or any kind of gravy. Plus their was a dried skim of dried out potatoes mixed into them. The mixed vegetables were brown and lacked any flavor, again no seasonings. These three things for $24.95, no salad or roll.
I will say the service was good and very quick.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went to this restaurant for lunch on Friday and had excellent service. I had the tuna club sandwich (seared medium rare tuna) with fries. I like cocktail sauce with my fries and our waiter made fresh cocktail sauce that was just right for my palate, with lots of horseradish. The atmosphere was really inviting and on theme.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We arrived on a Monday night and did have to wait 45 minutes for a table. The place was packed a a large table in front of us caused our service to be slow. We all ordered fish and 3 out of 4 of us were happy. The halibut with the asparagus risotto was delicious. The bread was hot and very good. Our server was attentive though she did have the super large table.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We were recommended to dine at apache grill by hotel staff while visiting traverse city. I ordered bacon burger for lunch & my mom ordered award winning mac & cheese. My hamburger was so overcooked I couldn't even cut it nevermind chew it. Mac & cheese was lousy definitely not award winning. Worst part was horrible customer service by both waiter & manager. After complaining about my food to waiter I was told he would talk to chef & manager & get back to me. 10 minutes later know one came back to my table to inform me what was going on. There was maybe 4 other tables dining at the time so being busy wasn't even an excuse. Finally I had to get up & find my waiter who was bringing me out another plate of food. Only then did the manager come over to talk to me.
In my opinion total lack of customer service & quality of food was inexcusable!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of dining here for over the summer. Long line? No problem! The patio is open with live music and ample seating. Kick back and have a cocktail with friends. I had the NY Strip and it was seasoned and prepared perfectly. Desert is a must as their cheese cake and pie selection is divine. On Sunday's they are open for brunch with an awesome buffet with a crepes station and cuts of prime rib to join breakfast favorites.