“Pretty good”

Bagger Dave's Burger Tavern
Ranked #198 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Located in the Grand Traverse mall. Initial take on this place was not good. A server was at the host stand doing something and did not even say hello, welcome or anything. Just acted like I wasn't there. Fortunately a very good server took and served my order. Beats me why restaurant managers don''t have a personal friend play customer so they can see how their staff really works. But I digress.
Got their Tuesday special of cheese burger and home cut fries (5.95) plus a regionally made soft drink. Burger dripped grease in a puddle. Fries kind of skinny for home cut. Beverage way over priced at 2.75 for a half glass of ice plus soda.
For 10 plus tip I could eat better in food court.
Although I personally have a soft spot for toy trains the one that circles the ceiling here is disruptive.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch while we were at the mall. Kids meals are $2.95 and bloody Mary's are 1/2 off with a burger purchase. Food was delicious and well priced for a meal that wasn't delivered on a tray or fried. Wife had the blackened mani mahi-mahi, which is a patty, but was outstanding. I had the chicken Caesar which was fantastic. They have fresh cut French fries or sweet potato chips. Our waitress, Cerena, was terrific! They had several local brews on tap, too.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

Expensive for what you get (quality, quantity and service). HUGE wait for a table and then another HUGE wait to get our food. It was the worst burger that i've ever had. First came raw and then was a hockey puck. Waitress was apologetic and said a manager would come by. One never did. I called later after we left and the woman that answered the phone and identified herself as a manager put all blame on waitress and didn't take responsibility or even apologize. I called the next day and asked for the general manager and a man said it was the woman last night and he threw the woman under the bus saying he wouldn't have handled it like she did and that he was frustrated. It sounds like the corporation needs to come in and get this place straightened out as they have horrible leadership which is showing through all staff. I won't be back. Honestly, if they had offered me a free meal, I wouldn't have returned. Its a royal mess there.

2  Thank MichiganTravelGuy1
Anthony M, Guest Relations Manager at Bagger Dave's Burger Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. We truly apologize as it seems you did not receive the true Bagger Dave's experience. We'd love to have the chance to make it up to you. Please reach out to our managing partner Leah directly so that we can rectify this situation: lfrost@baggerdaves.com.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

While Christmas shopping with my family we decided to stop in at Bagger Daves at the mall. The restaurant was not busy. The waitress came over and greeted us. When taking the order she had to input it onto a device. The device kept messing up deleting what she had previously put in. After taking 5 or more minutes per person to order it was finally in.
One salad came out. Mine did not. By the time she came back for me to ask for it my burger was beiing delivered. My partners burger never came. Again by the time she came back we were all about done eating. My partner was still waiting. Our drinks remained empty the majority of the time.
The waitress finally realized he never got his burger. There was no push on the order. After waiting another 20 minutes their burger came out completely wrong.. At that point we were done. We got out of there and went and got him food elsewhere.
Poor Service. My burger was wrong but I ate it anyway. The fries were soggy and tasted awful..
The burger wasn't worth what they charge. My salad that came late was just okay.
I normally don't complain but this experience was pretty bad. The waitress was friendly and kept apologizing. Will pass the next time we're wanting to eat at the mall. The food court would have been a better option.

1  Thank Clark W

Hello Clark - thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We'd like to get you and the family back in to receive the true Bagger Dave's experience. Would you mind reaching out to our managing partner Leah to schedule a time that we can buy you lunch or dinner? Her email is: lfrost@baggerdaves.com.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

My husband and I went there on a Saturday evening and it was not busy at all. When we walked in, we stood by the register for over five minutes waiting for wait staff to come seat us. Several of the staff looked at us, but ignored us. Our food was delicious, however the burger was huge and we were not provided with napkins or silverware so we had to wait around for that. Once we were done eating we went to pay for our food and there was several people waiting to pay. The people in front of us paid and the lady at the register left even though she clearly saw us in line waiting to pay. About another 5 minutes went by and the lady came back and said she would get our server, who in turn took another 3 minutes to come out and take our money. Aside from the food this was the worst experience I have had with having to wait to be seated, served and pay for food. With it not being busy there should be no excuse. TERRIBLE!! Will never eat here again!

1  Thank Jessie T