“Birthday dinner”

Ranked #6 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This place is really nice inside, but we choose to eat outdoors cause it was really nice outside that night. We both had the whitefish but with different toppings. She had the Parmesan and I had the blackened. Bother we're really good but wasn't spectacular which is very common for a whitefish. The vegetables with it were really good that we're served with it and the olive twist pastry we had for appetizer was really good. All in all very good dinner.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our third night in Traverse City, we wandered around downtown looking for a place for dinner. I knew about Amical by reputation and was interested in trying it. We reviewed the menu posted and decided to inquire about a table. We were early enough that we were promptly seated. We ordered the cheese plate to tide us over for 30 minutes until the dinner menu was released. Our waiter Gregory gave us a preview of the upcoming specials. We both decided when the time came to order, the flat iron steak was it. Gregory reserved the steaks ahead of time for us which I appreciated.
The steaks were perfectly prepared, the sauce amazing and the citrus carrots were excellent. This place lived up to its reputation and ratings.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Traverse City has the reputation of being a "foodie town," and Amical is one of the reasons why. I am partial to seafood, and their blackened whitefish is the best I have had anywhere. The salmon is another favorite and the daily seafood specials are always excellent. Everything is prepared perfectly and the combination of flavors are very sophisticated and delightful. I sat near the dessert case and could not take my eyes off of it. Talk about something that will make your mouth water, wow. The service also is excellent. Great place for a dinner date along Front Street.

1  Thank johndW9255OB
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Very pleased with our meals and the service was excellent (Sally S). Our appetizers were great and the cheese board was superb!

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We picked Amical because of the great reviews, and because we like interesting, sophisticated food.

We also loved the beautiful French inspired interior space, plus the nice outside patio on Front St.

We chose to sit outside, and with the plastic windscreen it was comfortable despite the cloudy, upper 50's day. I ordered the seared tuna appetizer for us to share....rare tuna sliced on sesame crackers with wasabi oil, soy and hot mustard drizzle. It was excellent....perfectly cooked rare and delicous. For entree my wife ordered the Amical salad with salmon.... feta cheese, dried cranberries, tomato, artisan lettuce, tomato vinaigrette, plus a nice piece of pan fried salmon....my wife said it was the best salmon she had eaten recently....probably wild caught. I ordered the corn meal crusted fried shrimp, served with corn risotto, corn puree, arugula and pepper jelly......fantastic....loved everything about it.

Service was excellent...the menus....both lunch and dinner are full of great choices, and the food was terrific. I wish this place was where I live!

1  Thank Gatorgolfer