“My favorite in TC.”

Ranked #6 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have dined here several times over the past year. In winter it is a cozy place, warm atmosphere, varied menu and always good. Specials are always interesting. They don't veer too far from center with menu items, but always fresh and good. I love this place and there are views of the West Bay at one end and al fresco dining (summer only) at the other end. Cannot go wrong.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I had whitefish that came with green verbs and a darker rice which I had never had before. The rolls came to the table warm. I was able to get a table outdoors which was nice. The server made the recommendation when I asked her for suggestions. Good service too!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This place is really nice inside, but we choose to eat outdoors cause it was really nice outside that night. We both had the whitefish but with different toppings. She had the Parmesan and I had the blackened. Bother we're really good but wasn't spectacular which is very common for a whitefish. The vegetables with it were really good that we're served with it and the olive twist pastry we had for appetizer was really good. All in all very good dinner.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our third night in Traverse City, we wandered around downtown looking for a place for dinner. I knew about Amical by reputation and was interested in trying it. We reviewed the menu posted and decided to inquire about a table. We were early enough that we were promptly seated. We ordered the cheese plate to tide us over for 30 minutes until the dinner menu was released. Our waiter Gregory gave us a preview of the upcoming specials. We both decided when the time came to order, the flat iron steak was it. Gregory reserved the steaks ahead of time for us which I appreciated.
The steaks were perfectly prepared, the sauce amazing and the citrus carrots were excellent. This place lived up to its reputation and ratings.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Traverse City has the reputation of being a "foodie town," and Amical is one of the reasons why. I am partial to seafood, and their blackened whitefish is the best I have had anywhere. The salmon is another favorite and the daily seafood specials are always excellent. Everything is prepared perfectly and the combination of flavors are very sophisticated and delightful. I sat near the dessert case and could not take my eyes off of it. Talk about something that will make your mouth water, wow. The service also is excellent. Great place for a dinner date along Front Street.

1  Thank johndW9255OB