“Our favorite place”

Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Atmosphere, menu, staff...a great place to eat and right in the heart of downtown Traverse City. Well worth it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely setting inside & out, good selections at a variety of prices, desserts to die for & patio seating perfect for people watching. What more could you ask for?

My sweetie had the downtown special, with caeser salad & the split pea with ham soup & I had the Croque Monsieur. All were good but my croque was really rich. Really only needed half.

The bread that was served was garlicky & light as a feather & the patio seating on a lovely pre-Fall day was perfect.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have dined here several times over the past year. In winter it is a cozy place, warm atmosphere, varied menu and always good. Specials are always interesting. They don't veer too far from center with menu items, but always fresh and good. I love this place and there are views of the West Bay at one end and al fresco dining (summer only) at the other end. Cannot go wrong.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had whitefish that came with green verbs and a darker rice which I had never had before. The rolls came to the table warm. I was able to get a table outdoors which was nice. The server made the recommendation when I asked her for suggestions. Good service too!

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

This place is really nice inside, but we choose to eat outdoors cause it was really nice outside that night. We both had the whitefish but with different toppings. She had the Parmesan and I had the blackened. Bother we're really good but wasn't spectacular which is very common for a whitefish. The vegetables with it were really good that we're served with it and the olive twist pastry we had for appetizer was really good. All in all very good dinner.