“Fantastic brisket sandwich”

Sharks BBQ
Ranked #39 of 298 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I had the brisket sandwich which comes with a 1/2 pound of perfectly done brisket on fresh, homemade bread. Topped it off with a bit of coleslaw and a vinegar based BBQ sauce, phenomenal! Baked beans and homemade pickles were great too. It's definitely worth a stop.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Home Run!
Add a couple of other sauce choices & it would be a Grand Slam Home Run!
Brisket is Top Notch! Surprisingly good bread too!

Reviewed 13 January 2017

On Saturday, January 7, 2017 my husband stopped at Sharks BBQ to pick up dinner this was the first visit to a new establishment....he purchased the Rib plate with gumbo. The dinner was a true disappointment...the meat tasted like it was left over from the previous day, the gumbo was peppered but bland as far as spices go for gumbo.

My husband being too tired to take the food back, I decided to call Sharks the next day and had to leave a message...they didn't answer the phone. The following day, Monday I did get someone.....I asked to speak to the manager, this gentleman stated that he in fact was the manager. I told him how disappointing the meal was and that I felt that the food was leftovers not fresh....he stated at this point he was the chef and owner of the business and that everyone else loved the food. At this point I knew it would be no use to continue the conversation, I told him that I didn't want anything but to let him know that in fact the food was not fresh, I was not pleased and said goodbye.

My question is.....is this customer service? If you have a problem do you want your problem addressed or do you want to hear what others think? This is the last penny that will be spent at this establishment out of my pocket....and that's a promise.

A word to the wise, if you want fresh food and good service find another place other than Sharks....

Reviewed 18 December 2016

We had the beef brisket, carefully sliced and weighed. I had the pinto beans as a side; my spouse had rice. The dinner came with a very thick slice of homemade wheat bread and spicy pickled vegetables. They feature the Detroit Soda Company's beverages, and the flavors we tried were delicious. This will be our go-to place now for barbecue.

Reviewed 8 December 2016

The bbq here is good. I had a combination plates. The ribs and briskets were excellent. The turkey was ordinary. The sides were very good. This is a causal restaurant and you order the food at the counter. The price is good.

1  Thank EdShelby

Been to Sharks BBQ? Share your experiences!