“Yum!!!”

Sharks BBQ
Ranked #31 of 313 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Just went to Sharks for the first time. I had the pulled pork sandwich with Mac and cheese. My husband had the pulled brisket with the Mac and cheese and baked beans. The bread and fries are awesome, Cole slaw very good. My husband didn't care for the baked beans. They were super nice and made a grilled cheese and fries for my son who is a really picky eater.

Definitely will go back!!

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Stopped off at Sharks BBQ and had a wonderful pulled pork sandwich. The sweet-smokey sauce was just right. The sandwich was served on a couple of slices of fresh, whole grain bread that was soft in the middle and had a very crisp, crunchy crust. I had some great coleslaw with the sandwich that was tasty as well. The sandwich was enough for me, but they have some very nice looking sides as well. Service is walk-through quick and the tables are interesting slices of wood complete with knotholes. A good place for a quick, filling lunch.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

great bbq. We went on the recommendation of 2 coulpes. The food was excellent...one of the best Q outside of Chicago. A little mom and pop place in a former Pizza Hut. For $15 I got choice of 2 meats, choice of 2 sides, housemade bread...all very good.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Tried for lunch today. Surprised at 1pm the place was empty on a Friday but still tried it.

The pulled pork was very good. Portion size is really big - too much for lunch. Their BBQ sauce was very good as well. Really nice flavor. Would recommend and I bet rest of BBQ good as well! Obvious he knows BBQ.

I would of given them 5 stars but I paid for a side of Mac n cheese which was $3 and it was not good at all. Seemed like noodles with barley any cheese - I couldn't taste it but I could see a little so I know it was there. I think the issue was the owner was yelling at guy to make some as they were out and the guy rushed possibly. But owner filled the container so you would think he would catch that if it isn't up to standards. It was so bad I tossed it - tasted like plain noodles. I assume that isn't how it should taste. Another strange thing is picture on website of it was different noodles - those were penne this as little spirals so maybe they ran out and improvised and it failed. Bummer for so much $ and I really was looking forward to it.

Really wanted to try the ribs but can't get just a few - only a pound at a time. Too big of portion for a lunch. Might consider smaller portion options for lunch.

Again pulled pork was really good so I will try them again.

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

I had the brisket sandwich which comes with a 1/2 pound of perfectly done brisket on fresh, homemade bread. Topped it off with a bit of coleslaw and a vinegar based BBQ sauce, phenomenal! Baked beans and homemade pickles were great too. It's definitely worth a stop.

Been to Sharks BBQ? Share your experiences!