“Can't get better steak”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 285 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

When going out with a gang from work, Ruth's Chris is the best. It's become a favorite among the team and it's absolutely merited.

Around the table folks had various forms of the steak but since I had had a big lunch I went with the Caprese salad which was terrific. The steaks were all cooked to order and no one sent anything back. The salads and sides that accompany the steaks are perfect.

I especially like being able to start in the bar for the happy hour food and drinks. I was disappointed because one of my favorite happy hour dishes is the Teriyaki steak skewer salad that has mushrooms blue cheese and onion and a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette. Unfortunately when we went to the dining room they said they were unable to make it there which I didn't understand.

All in all though it's one of our go-to places and I'm sure we'll be back there in a month or so to enjoy the steak and seafood and salads again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We like to experience fine dining for special occasions: unique tastes, great atmosphere, excellent service. The service at Ruth's Chris was very good, and the only thing that really distinguished this restaurant. If you like the dark, stuffy atmosphere of a men's club (wood paneling, over stuffed leather booths, low lights, etc.) then you will be OK with Ruth's. The food was disappointing, however, nothing much better than what we prepare at home. No exceptional flavors, or unique offerings, or that which would make the evening stand out in any way. Although a nice enough meal, which for two with appetizers and a couple drinks, came to over $200, both my wife and I left feeling like the steak and seafood we buy at our local grocery store's meat market and prepare ourselves, is as good or better. We didn't have the prep or cleanup but that was the only real advantage.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

The steak at Ruth's Chris is amazing. We order the porterhouse for 2 and am never disappointed. The service staff is very attentive, a great eating experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Good food , to much oil but typical American food
Waitress came too much time when we have important discussion
The issue was on the payement when she did not know how to use the machine for international card that put me on a difficult situation when I had to ask my customer to pay

Dan C, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hello,

Could you please provide me with information regarding your attempt to pay with an international card? I don't understand what may have happened and I would like to correct the problem if it was just an error by the server.

Dan

Reviewed 20 July 2017

My husband had made reservations at this restaurant in order to celebrate our anniversary. The seating area was quite dark as noted by other guests. Our waitress seemed hurried and we waited awhile before our order was taken, due to our waitress continually saying she would be right back, which was quite annoying. Once our meal arrived, it was quite disappointing to see such small servings with a mediocre presentation and the taste of the food was average to say the least. This restaurant seems to promote a subtle sense of superficial behavior, which translates into service that is not adequate when you are spending a nice amount of money. We found the host to be less than interested in our experience as we left the restaurant, due to several of them so busy chatting at the entrance area, that none of them looked up to give us the slightest sense of gratuity for visiting this restaurant. I thought that was the purpose of conceirge service or greeters. This restaurant needs to educate their wait staff on etiquette, customer satisfaction, courteousness, and professionalism to say the least.

Dan C, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

I would love to discuss your dining experience with you as the experience you describe is very much out of the norm and is not what we expect our staff to deliver. Please give me the opportunity by calling me directly at the restaurant at 248-269-8424.

Dan Cole-General Manager/RCSH-Troy