“Ok but not great ”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 313 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Troy, Detroit, Michigan!
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Wish I could give it 3.5 stars. Steak was overdone. Cocktails were good but not exceptional. Service was fine. Hadn't been here in a number of years and have been going to Capitol Grill, wanted to compare the two. Unfortunately not even close. Too bad they don't enforce any kind of dress code. People in athletic shorts, t shorts and baseball caps don't exactly make for a classy place. We won't be back. Too bad.

Dan C, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

James, my apologies regarding your visit with us. Can you provide me with the name of your server? Did you let someone know that your steak was overdone? We always want to get it right, so if we don't we will always recook your steak to make sure that you do go away happy. Regarding dress code, we are near completion of our remodel and await the arrival of our dress code signage. Those things you mentioned are addressed in the dress code. Please give us an opportunity to make an attempt to win you back over. Shoot me your mailing address in an email to gmtroy@ruthschris.com

Dan

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

When going out with a gang from work, Ruth's Chris is the best. It's become a favorite among the team and it's absolutely merited.

Around the table folks had various forms of the steak but since I had had a big lunch I went with the Caprese salad which was terrific. The steaks were all cooked to order and no one sent anything back. The salads and sides that accompany the steaks are perfect.

I especially like being able to start in the bar for the happy hour food and drinks. I was disappointed because one of my favorite happy hour dishes is the Teriyaki steak skewer salad that has mushrooms blue cheese and onion and a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette. Unfortunately when we went to the dining room they said they were unable to make it there which I didn't understand.

All in all though it's one of our go-to places and I'm sure we'll be back there in a month or so to enjoy the steak and seafood and salads again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We like to experience fine dining for special occasions: unique tastes, great atmosphere, excellent service. The service at Ruth's Chris was very good, and the only thing that really distinguished this restaurant. If you like the dark, stuffy atmosphere of a men's club (wood paneling, over stuffed leather booths, low lights, etc.) then you will be OK with Ruth's. The food was disappointing, however, nothing much better than what we prepare at home. No exceptional flavors, or unique offerings, or that which would make the evening stand out in any way. Although a nice enough meal, which for two with appetizers and a couple drinks, came to over $200, both my wife and I left feeling like the steak and seafood we buy at our local grocery store's meat market and prepare ourselves, is as good or better. We didn't have the prep or cleanup but that was the only real advantage.

1  Thank jlgMichigan
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The steak at Ruth's Chris is amazing. We order the porterhouse for 2 and am never disappointed. The service staff is very attentive, a great eating experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Good food , to much oil but typical American food
Waitress came too much time when we have important discussion
The issue was on the payement when she did not know how to use the machine for international card that put me on a difficult situation when I had to ask my customer to pay

Dan C, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hello,

Could you please provide me with information regarding your attempt to pay with an international card? I don't understand what may have happened and I would like to correct the problem if it was just an error by the server.

Dan

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!