“One of my absolute favorite restaurants!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 284 Restaurants in Troy
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Reviewed 13 September 2017

From the moment you walk in the door you feel welcomed and your experience only starts there. The food, the ambiance, the staff, the decor..... everything is truly exceptional. I have dined in both the main dining room and the lounge multiple times. Each of which gives a different feel. The dining room is of course more formal while the lounge offers a bit of a more relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Three of us went to the Troy Michigan location for dinner Saturday. The restaurant is a bit difficult to find but well worth the trouble. Our waiter Paul was helpful and attentive but not obtrusive. We had a shrimp cocktail and some calimari. Both were perfectly cooked and presented. Followed by the petite filet and stuffed chicken breast,served on the traditional sizzling plates.Had the shoestring potatoes and cremini mushrooms.A cocktail and a glass of wine completed the meal. As it was our anniversary we were presented with a complimentary cake and side of berries in cream. Nice touch. All worth the price as a fine meal should. Would definitely return..

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I know this is a chain restaurant and I've been to many steak houses but never this one. The atmosphere was perfect but the 22 oz cowboy ribeye was phenomenal. From the first bite I was speechless. Not sure what they do to prepare these steaks but it is well worth the trip. Our server Paul was extremely attentive without being annoying and made our special day very memorable even taking a picture of us and putting it in a folder. Also a complimentary dessert that was excellent. We will not wait another year to come back as it was a that good and we will splurge a little just to get that steak.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Hubby and I treated ourselves to a nice, romantic Sunday dinner. Our table was quiet, private, maybe a little too dark, but the atmosphere was excellent! Service was top notch, I had a steakhouse martini, 8oz filet (medium rare) and asparagus with hollandaise. Hubby dined on a larger filet and augratin potatoes. Steaks are served on 500 degree plates, so you have to be cautious! Very delicious!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Wish I could give it 3.5 stars. Steak was overdone. Cocktails were good but not exceptional. Service was fine. Hadn't been here in a number of years and have been going to Capitol Grill, wanted to compare the two. Unfortunately not even close. Too bad they don't enforce any kind of dress code. People in athletic shorts, t shorts and baseball caps don't exactly make for a classy place. We won't be back. Too bad.

Dan C, General Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

James, my apologies regarding your visit with us. Can you provide me with the name of your server? Did you let someone know that your steak was overdone? We always want to get it right, so if we don't we will always recook your steak to make sure that you do go away happy. Regarding dress code, we are near completion of our remodel and await the arrival of our dress code signage. Those things you mentioned are addressed in the dress code. Please give us an opportunity to make an attempt to win you back over. Shoot me your mailing address in an email to gmtroy@ruthschris.com

Dan

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!