“Good pulled pork, number of items not available”

Hogs Hollow Smokehouse
Ranked #12 of 50 Restaurants in Utica
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Hogs Hollow Smokehouse on the Corner of Cass and Auburn (Near the corner of Van Dyke and M-59 in downtown Utica)We have created a new unique menu featuring slow smoked meat entrees (Saint Louie Ribs, Brisket, Chicken and Pork Butt) along with specialties including Catfish, and Smoked Chicken Wings. We also have some new delicious sandwich creations such as our Texas Two Step and the Mother Clucker! Check out our New Menu for the fun new delicious fare. Hogs Hollow Smokehouse is a completely renovated two story building with the main floor being a traditional pub like feel with a comfortable outdoor dining area during the summer months and the second floor being a more modern industrial type look. Stop in and check us out!
Reviewed 30 April 2018

A little worried when I went on a Saturday night at 6:00pm and the place was no where near full.

However, the food was pretty good. I had the pulled pork, very good. The cole slaw and mac and cheese were excellent. Many craft beers to choose from, but I did not have one, craft beer not my thing. They were out of or behind in making corn bread, and for some reason could not order pizza. This did not affect me, but maybe others. Nice choices of different bbq sauce. I really liked the Motown (I think that is the name). Family liked the maple syrup made sauce, I might use it on pancakes, not beef! Guess it is a personal taste. Overall, really enjoyed our mean. Just the right amount of attention from our server, atmosphere good.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We headed over after a long day at Jimmy John's field for a College doubleheader. We were seated right away with a group of 10. Server told us that the Smoker was broken so a lot of the Barbecue options weren't available. Everyone was able to find items to order and drinks and food were served in a normal wait time. Draft Beer options were top notch with every drop gone. Appetizers and Food were served at the right temperature and everyone was satisfied with their orders. I give the server a lot of credit because he was honest and gave us a discount for any inconvenience we had.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Great service and enjoyed the Buffalo Chicken sandwich. Pulled buffalo sauced chicken, fresh Cole slaw with local McClures pickles... Can't get much better!

hogshollow, Owner at Hogs Hollow Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you!

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Came with bus tour group...pre-arranged weeks before. Send all orders via email at 9am, arrived at 11:30. Only people here. 1.5 hours later many folks never got food... others got cold Mac. A burger arrive at 1 hour 35 minutes after we arrived... as I write at about the two hour point more than half the group is still attempting to pay. ONLY two wait staff on and our group was told "we only have 3 people on today."

SORRY... no excuse... dont take the booking weeks before or the orders 2.5 hours before the booked arrival if you cant handle it.
SKIP THIS PLACE !!!!!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The ribs were very lean and tasty. there are 6 different sauces you can add. Their baked beans are among the best around with extra veggies in the sauce. We often get carry out and they will give a few small containers of various sauces.