Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$103
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
US$84
Hampton.com
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
Hotels.com
All reviewssitting areaplenty of parkingoxsectional couchnice hotelcomfortable bedhot breakfastother hotelswet barvery nice stayvisit familyhotel staffdave and bustersfresh fruitgreat priceoatmealgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Traveled with family (4 total). Our room was much bigger than anticipated. Each of the kids had their own bed (one on the pull out and one on the double bed). Kitchenette was a nice feature. Layout was unique in a good way! Room seemed quite despite the proximity to the expressway. Would stay again!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed our guests rooms, and found them to be quiet. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here. I really did. The room was clean & well stocked. The only complaint I had was how paper thin the doors & walls seemed to be. At 4am when I’m trying to sleep, the last thing I want to hear are the people in the next room. It was worse when they were in the hallway. It sounded like they were in the room with me. Overall, I would stay there again. I can’t blame the hotel for loud guests.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be pleasant. It is with regret to hear that you did not have a quiets night sleep during your stay. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

There are no surprises here! I am always pleased with my stay here! The rates are always the same and no matter what city I'm visiting, my rooms are guaranteed to be the same, clean, fresh and modern. This is one of the best hotels I've stayed in over the years whether family or business.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We are so delighted that you enjoy your stays with us at the Hyatt Place Detroit/Utica! The Hyatt place team is committed to offering authentic service to all of our guests. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

This hotel was so clean! I was so impressed with the size of the room and the cleanliness! There were 2 TVs in our room and the shower was so roomy and nice! We will defintely be staying here again when we come back!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you loved our location and our rooms. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Worst hotel customer service I have ever experienced! I booked a room for the required two nights at the higher group rate for my sons sports tournament. I needed a room till 6 pm on the last day and booked another night online even though I only needed the room for a few hours and wasn’t even spending the night. After the front desk checked me back in and charged my credit card for the third night, I was called by hotel manager and told they would be not honor the online rate for third night and that I either needed to come back to hotel and checkout or pay the higher group rate to extend till 6pm. The shortsightedness of the manager is inexplicable. She blamed it on the contract with the tournament but that doesn’t hold water because the tournament was complete and I had a completely new reservation.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Pilar F, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate that you took time out of your day to provide honest feedback about your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had the kind of experience you did with our hotel. It is with regret to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with our staff members. On behalf of the hotel I would like to offer my deepest apologizes that the terms of the sports contract were not communicated to you before check-in, so you could make accommodations accordingly. Please know that we will use this as a training opportunity to improve our service standards in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.