Comfort Inn Utica
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wardel Motel(Shelby Township)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskjacuzzi tubchoice hotelsassistant managerblack fridayhome away from homewafflesbreakfast roomgreat place to stayfridge and microwaveexcellent hotelnight staycomplimentary breakfastbusiness tripeasy accessgreat shoppingnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were all wonderful. They were friendly, polite and helpful. We were on a girls shopping trip for Black Friday. We were greeted with a bag with coupons, water and snacks. Room was clean and check in quick. The maintenance guys even helped with parcels from shopping. Breakfast was good and staff again very nice.
We stay at a lot of hotels and the staff at this comfort Inn could teach other hotels a thing or two about customer service.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennpac
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Stayed here many times for shopping on black Friday. This hotel is very clean and the staff is always very friendly. When we checked in we were greeted by James at the desk he was so nice, my friend mentioned to him it was my birthday and he went in the back room and got me a gift bag filled with treats and coupons, was a great way to top off a long day of shopping. Breakfast is always good and very clean area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Amie J, Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Sheri,

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review about our hotel and James! He is actually a great employee and a pleasure to work with. Many guests to agree with you. We appreciate you guys choosing the Comfort Inn Utica to stay at during your Birthday/Shopping trip! Above all, I hope that your stay was pleasant, fun and you came across some decent deals while you were out shopping.

Certainly let us know when you're back in the area so that we can accommodate you to your liking. A bulk of our travelers are corporate and a good portion stay for shopping trips, visiting family or just to use the whirlpool on a relaxing weekend.

We look forward to your next visit to Utica. Until next time, take care.

Warm Holiday Regards,
and the Comfort Inn Utica

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Every great day, begins with a great stay! The home away from home, The Comfort Inn staff greets each guest with a smile. I would like to give special thanks to staff members that have gone above and beyond! Every morning Marija greets and serves the guest a hot breakfast and a smile that welcomes all that could brighten up anyone's morning. Amie, the front desk manager, she will go the extra distance to aid/help anyone in need. I know that all I have to do is ask Amie she is understanding and has the compassion that it takes to help guide you in the right direction! Mark is the nightly front desk/auditor and although he always extremely busy he will still will smile and take the time to help in any way possible with utmost respect and professional mannerism! Then there is Branden... He makes wednesday night very special. Cooking and serving the the food to the guests shows he passion for cooking and socializing with the guest. Finally is Crystal nightly front desk staff. I nicknamed her bubbles because know matter what, she is always there with a bubbly attitude with a smile that says I'm here how can I help! Thank you all for making my stay here at The Comfort Inn "My New Home Away from Home."

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hello Ms. Barb!

First thank you for choosing our Comfort Inn and being such an awesome and loyal guest! Everyone here has thoroughly enjoyed your company. I hope that your time with us has been pleasant, restful, fun and memorable! It is at the end of the day every staff member here's aim- to provide a 'home away from home' experience. You, Phil and family are always welcome. Please consider us a friend while you're in town if you have questions or concerns, we are here for you.

Best Holiday Wishes,
and the Comfort Inn Utica Staff

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night for a family funeral it was the worst stay! Room was dirty looked like the food had been on the floor for months. Upon letting the front desk know they seem uninterested. Spoke to someone in the morning she attempted to give me a 20.00 off gift card that can only be used through them and of course there rate is way higher then going thru hotels.com or even trip advisor. They didn’t want to match the price or give us any sort of discount so we decided not to stay another night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Chelsea B
Amie J, Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Chelsea,

Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I understand the condition of your guestroom was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have shared your comments with our housekeeping and front desk team in an effort to prevent similar missteps in the future. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for your feedback. I invite you back to stay with us and allow us to prove that your recent experience is certainty not want our team normally provides. Please reach out to me directly when your travels bring you back to Utica.

Sincerest Regards,
586-739-7111
amie.jackson@comfortinnutica.com

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

In town from Baghdad for a conference and many hotels were full. Chose Comfort Inn based on a few reviews and am very pleased. Excellent value for a very NICE hotel. You get way more than you pay for here. I was expecting an older room with the usual problems but was surprised at how clean and updated it was. Staff was very courteous and very helpful. Full breakfast with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, omelets, waffles, pastries, etc and good coffee. Very happy with my stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Amie J, Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We love to hear how we’re doing and how we can do better in any way.

It warms us to know that you enjoyed your stay. Just to inform you, we are in the process of planning our next renovation to our whirlpools and tubs as well as public spaces. I'm sure our new look will impress you and many other guests.

Again, thank your for your review and thank you for staying with us. We hope to have the honor of serving you again perhaps before the year is complete.

Warm Regards,