“Amazing”

The Friars Kitchen & Bakery
Ranked #18 of 290 Restaurants in Warren
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Awesome homemade soups, excellent food, super awesome staff!!!!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

My wife and I were driving to a seminar in Warren, so, we decided to stop for breakfast. The parking lot was full. (a good sign) But since the interior is large there were plenty of tables. We sat in Annie's section. She was at our table seconds after being seated to take our drink selection which, of course, was coffee. I was pleasantly surprised when I took my first sip. The coffee was full bodied with a good aroma. I believe it was a blend of medium and dark roasted beans...delicious. The menu has a wide variety of selections which include a Senior's menu. I ordered a breakfast burrito. When it was served I could not believe how large it was. Normally, I think of a burrito as being an inch or two in diameter but this was almost four. It was raped in a thicker flour tortilla and loaded with eggs, meats onions peppers and cheese. Wow. Needless to say, I requested a large take home box. My wife had the usual meat, eggs and toast. She had the pancakes in substitution for the potatoes. She was very complimentary about the pancakes. I was especially pleased with the whole wheat toast which was definitely in house made. They do not grill the toast which is my preferred preparation. Annie is a great waitress. Always checking on us to make sure everything was to our liking. I over heard her ask the bus boy to clear the booth next to us, as she was expecting one of her regulars. He was an elder gentelman and she took very good care of him. It's great to be a regular in Annie's section. Since Friar's is also a bakery, we purchased a loaf of multi grain white bread and a loaf of french on our way out. The multi grain was cut thicker than store bought and made exceptionally good grilled cheese sandwiches.

1  Thank Apirada M
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Three of us went here to eat last week and not one had a really good meal to brag about. The food here used to be awesome but lately it has downgraded. I will not be going back for a long time. The waitress even wasn't very attentive. The food was tasteless and dry. I have to say they do have a good selection of delicious soups.

2  Thank Beverly W
Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Great fresh handmade food. Entree, salad and dessert were all great. No processed food here. I will be back

1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I come here during lunch and really enjoy everything they offer. I've had the Sammy Davis Sliders with fries which is a right-size lunch offering. I'e also had one of the 4 egg (FOUR. EGGS!) omelets and could barely finish it with the sides of toast and potatoes! Their soups are all fantastic and you get a huge bowl with their pick 2 lunch option. They also have a remarkable rewards program - you get a few dollars credit just for joining and they add an $8 credit for your birthday! Every time you visit you receive a percentage of what you purchased added to your account and can either cash it in on your next visit or bank it. Be sure to come early for lunch as they tend to get busy and parking can be tight. Have some patience when it comes time to leave though as the wait to pay can be a bit!

1  Thank Michael F