Lowest prices for your stay
US$118
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$118
Destinia.com
US$139
US$92
BestWestern.comUS$118
PricelineUS$118
HurbUS$139
All reviews off the highway front desk great stay roomy lobby cleanliness beds guests gun
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Stayed here to be close to Gun Lake Casino and Grand Rapids. What a great place. It’s brand new and everything was clean and nice. The ride to the casino was fast and easy. The breakfast was great too. A big variety of breakfast foods to microwave or grab and go. We were impressed. We will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank punky_one
Heather Reinhardt, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wayland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Punky_one,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is greatly appreciated!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were impressed. That is what we strive for!

We hope you will be back to see us again soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2021

Clean hotel and friendly staff makes for a great stay! All of the facility was clean ,Lobby, hallways, elevator and rooms. Corey was an excellent source of local information as well as efficient in the check in process.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave us a review. It is greatly appreciated.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2021

Breakfast was fresh (even with prepackaging). Rooms exceptionally clean, staff very friendly, and very well kept. Beds very comfy. Good location, right off the highway and close to Wayland Training Center.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Dana,

Thank your for taking the time to leave us a review. It is greatly appreciated.
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found everything exceptionally clean and the staff very friendly.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 April 2021

I stayed there for 5 days I cleaned after myself I never once smoked in the hotel and just because I smoked a cigarette outside and walked in and smelt like it I got a 250$ charge that is totally unfair especially when I've spent alot of money there I will not recommend this hotel to anyone they also said they found marijuana in the room.. that is absolutely false because I never had marijuana on your property! I asked for proof and they still haven't sent me proof I want my money back now!!!!!!!

Hello Jacob,

I'm sorry that you feel that you were falsely charged a smoking fee. However, not only did you leave behind significant evidence, even after attempting to cover your tracks by asking for a vacuum, cleaning supplies, and a fan on your last night, you were also the only guest on the 1st floor on 2 different mornings when the entire 1st floor smelled of marijuana and we had multiple complaints as guests were checking out. The smell distinctly led directly back to your room. You ignored multiple attempts of trying to contact you via knocking and phone calls, and would intentionally avoid management when you came and went.
After I would not refund the $250 fee, because that room had to be put out of order for several days to be cleaned and air out, you called repeatedly harrassed the front desk staff and myself. Photos were sent to you several times, as well as to Best Western Corporate as you have attempted to blast on every site that you could in an attempt to bully us into a refund that was undeserving. We have an obligation to do our best to ensure every guest enjoys their stay. You smoking in your room hindered others' enjoyment of their stay.
Perhaps in the future another hotel would better suit your needs.

Reviewed 5 April 2021

Our bed was very hard, bedding dirty, most rooms have no bathtubs just showers, breakfast did not offer diabetes friendly options, prices on the snacks were insane. The only good the was the morning front desk lady was very polite.