US$341
US$239
Henley Business School(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$170
US$165
Phyllis Court Club(Henley-on-Thames)
The Red Lion Hotel(Henley-on-Thames)
US$95
Hotel du Vin(Henley-on-Thames)
US$137
US$123
Travelocity
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

The Catherine Wheel(Henley-on-Thames)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$94
PremierInn.com
US$149
US$117
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

All reviewssteam showerriva barlow ceilingsgreat roomown houseneeded somewherethe bed was extremely comfortablethe pubwonderful stayfull english breakfastcoffee machinethe ground floormini barangelicajunipercassiahenley
Reviewed 15 May 2018

I would return for the food, we had delicious dinner and breakfast (eggs Benedict to die for). Location is also nice, close to Marlow, Danesfield spa and Chiltern Valley Winery which by the way has fantastic sparkling wine - well worth 10 minutes drive from The Dog and Badger.
We stayed in the Honeysuckle room which was suppose to be one of the better rooms on offer. Check in was awkward as staff were confused on who should check us in, finally the gentleman with Italian accent directed us to the room. It's unfortunately at below ground level which means that even though there are three widows in it, it's dungeon like and not spacious and airy as described. Fittings wise, it was a nice room when new but now just feels tired and neglected. Broken window roller blinds, broken bed light, scratched paint on the walls, remote batteries have died(thankfully we had a spare). Very loud air conditioning,the temperature control unit was torn off or feel off the wall and was just left on the window bench, maybe that is why we either had super hot air or freezing one. Bathroom in theory sounded great, steam room shower and jet bathtub. Well steam room function did work but the smell was let say not fresh as no oils were available and walls must have not been cleaned property for a while. Same story with jet bath tub, when we used it there was a rusty color coming out and an off smell.
Nespresso machine and mini bar were great, but again there was no basics like milk.
Maybe their other rooms are in better shape but this one, I would not recommend.

Room Tip: Honeysuckle is below ground level so feels dungeon like, also one of the windows is just opposite to the road so it can get noisy
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frappe-uk
Oakman I, Manager at The Dog & Badger - Gillman's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

Could you please provide any further details in terms of a name and date for your booking so that we can conduct a full investigation to enquiries@oakmaninns.co.uk

Benn Kempster

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Booked the Juniper room for my partner’s birthday weekend. It was amazing. Best place I have ever stayed. The room was huge ! My partner was blown away, as it was a surprise. Ate in the restaurant there too and the food was great. Staff were all fantastic. I would definitely recommend this place. Right between Marlow and Henley on Thames so a great location to be. I will be going back again, that’s for sure. 5 Star all the way .....

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing us so generously; we're very very lucky to have such a wonderful location and I'm glad it's impressive to our guests too!

We hope to have you back again very soon!

Warm regards,

Benn Kempster

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

A last minute booking after dropping our son early evening at Heathrow airport. I love Marlow but decided to stay in this pub just a couple of miles outside. Plenty of easy parking and easy to find even in the dark.
This was the biggest and best room (really a suite) I have ever stayed in at a pub in the Uk. It was in a separate cottage block next door to the Dog and Badger. Huge bedroom/lounge, rolltop bath and 2 basins in bathroom and separate shower/steam room. A delicious breakfast the following morning and all for £109, remarkable value in this part of the world.
We also had a super dinner, excellent, imaginative menu with a large, reasonably priced wine list.
Staff were charming and helpful. We will be back in the summer I hope when we can combine a couple of nights stay with another visit to Marlow and a trip down the river to Henley.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Oakman I, Manager at The Dog & Badger - Gillman's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We are over the moon with your lovely comments.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

The Dog & Badger team

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place to stay, lovely room with good facilities, friendly staff, good food, cosy and welcoming. Quiet and peaceful. A nice change from soul-less corporate hotels and very good value as well.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.

We are so glad you love our venue as much as us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

The Dog & Badger team.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Cassia at the Dog and Badger this weekend as it was her birthday. The room is large, well appointed and had the lovely surprise of an integrated steam and shower room. The room was very quiet, we had a very sound nights sleep. Not sure what the regular prices are but we paid £104, an absolute bargain!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Oakman I, Manager at The Dog & Badger - Gillman's Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Hi BrizyPedant,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we're so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,