“Friendly staff ”

Leo's Coney Island
Ranked #21 of 183 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

It's a nice atmosphere and friendly staff. They have real potatoes unlike other places my wife has been too.
When it's not busy you can seat yourself, but when it is busy the staff will seat you.

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

Breakfast here is good and inexpensive! The waffles are excellent! It's a typical Coney Island, nothing extraordinary, but does the job!

Reviewed 24 August 2016

I have visited this Leo's and have sat down and ate in Ypsi Off of Huron Street for years. The food is good but the service is starting to suffer greatly. Tuesday is their .99 cents coney day. Today(08-23-2016) I stopped in and it was not crowded. Last week when I stopped in it was busy the young ladies were doing a poor job at the carry out orders. It got so bad one of the cooks had to come around and help them out. Even with his help orders were still being screwed up. I ordered 3 coneys today and I sat down. So, 5 minutes go by, 10 minutes go by and then another customer comes in orders 1 coney. 90 seconds later he has his coney and is walking out the door. I raised my hands and ask whats going on...I placed my order well over 10 minutes ago and another customer walks in and orders and 90 seconds later he walking out the door. I was then asked what did I order I told them and they were like oh, its sitting right here.

All I could do is shake my head!!! Since it's an established Leo's in the community I will stop right here with my opinion of this Leo's. The service has gone down hill.

The coneys at the Ypsi Carpenter Road Leo's is horrible.

The only reason I am giving it a average and not a poor is because of the past performance.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

We really enjoyed our meal here. We were a group of 2 adults and 2 kids. The menu was large with lots of choices from Greek to fish and coneys of course. Prices were inexpensive and service was fast and friendly. What we liked the most was the family atmosphere. Seemed like lots of regulars were there who all knew each other. Very nice!

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Our friends use to live in this general area so they wanted to eat here. We shared a plate of hummus (which was very good); however, we needed to ask for another pita bread. Two of us had the Gyro Sandwich with fries. One person had a small Greek Salad and chili fries. And the last person had a chili cheese coney. We all enjoyed our meals.