“It's Oh so Good Lebanese Fare!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chefs Restaurant Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #29 of 183 Restaurants in Ypsilanti
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Chef's Restaurant is my go-to restaurant for lunch and dinner in Ypsilanti, Michigan. This jewel of an eatery is nestled behind Eastern Michigan University in a small strip mall. The place is very clean and the service provided here is always excellent. Most importantly every dish that I have tried here has been absolutely wonderful. The Fatoush Salad is absolutely delicious. My favorite entree is the lamb chops! Lamb kabobs, shrimp or lamb cilantro are awesome. Whatever I have ordered has been fresh, expertly seasoned and plentiful. Tasty small dessert dishes top off a great meal on every visit!

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

Glad my daughter and I stopped there! We both had the chicken shawarma, wonderful. But the surprise was how good their fries were. Will return

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

My son goes to Eastern Michigan University and he was the one who actually turned me on to this place. Now it has become one of my family's goto spots. The staff has always been friendly and we have always enjoyed our meals. We really like the chicken shawarmas. They also make some great smoothies. Portions are great and prices are good.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

We went due to excellent reviews on TA, so perhaps our expectations were a bit too high and overall it was disappointing. While we could not say the reception was unfriendly, we were not welcomed as we came in; it felt a little awkward. Same with the food, I liked chicken lemon soup, and grilled chicken was pretty good, but lamb chops were overcooked and not too tasty. The biggest problem we had with moussaka, it was very different from the classic Greek dish we used to, but also it was too salty and spicy for my wife's taste, so we had to send it back. These things can happen in the best of restaurants, so when the cook came to our table we thought she would like to find out what was wrong. We told her what the issues were, but she insisted it is the way moussaka should be and that everyone likes it; not the right strategy. We have asked for the bill only to discover that they included the dish we sent back in the total. Instead of arguing we subtracted the cost from the tip and left with a bad taste in our mouths.

Reviewed 29 August 2015 via mobile

Nestled at the corner of a small strip mall, I expected a fast food environment. I was wrong (don't tell my wife!). Though the atmosphere was simple and casual, there were actual menus, clean and orderly tables and awesome service.

My server recommended the Mixed Grill with rice and a cup of chicken lemon herb soup. The Mixed Grill consisted of chunks of lamb, beef and chicken, all of which had great flavor and spice. The soup had a superb herb flavor.

My total bill was $19, including a bottle of Mango Carrot juice. Worth every cent.

Don't be turned off by the strip mall location. The food more than makes up for it.