“VILLAGE DIPPER NOW AMERICAN CHAR”

Drenthe Village Dipper
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Zeeland
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Like my title states, it has changed ownership and is now called American Char. American Char is a restaurant specializing in ribs, pulled pork, chicken & brisket. So, I'll talk about the new restaurant. The ribs are a dry rub so you can put various barbecue sauces with the ribs. Personally I like dry rub so this suits me. The sides are your typical sides with barbecue dishes, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes & baked beans, cold slaw, etc. Bottom line, it's worth a drive to the country. Keep in mind, this is not a fancy restaurant, just wear your jeans. Keep in mind, they are only open 4-9, not lunch.

1  Thank CaribbeanSoul72

Reviewed 21 June 2015

I had a large hot fudge sundae and couldn't believe all ice cream I got with it. My daughter was upset when I told her she had to get a small flurry. But, she couldn't even finish it. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Stopped by on a whim, glad we did. It's,a bit,off the beaten path. Ice cream was good, portions were fair and off we went. Interesting history of area on the walls for your reading enjoyment. Not sure if we will stop back this summer but this is a good choice.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We live right down the road and make this our special summer place. We use it as a reward system for our son and needless to say he is on his best behavior all summer. The variety of ice cream treats is great and prices are more than reasonable for what you get. We haven't done the food but have tried more that half of their ice cream specialties.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

The kids can't wait until The Village Dipper opens in the spring. Great place to go and enjoy an ice cream treat. They have food, too, but we have never tried it. Like that we can sit inside (kids love the tractor seats at the "bar"). Great place!! Very friendly owners and staff!!