“Barbeque and Ice Cream!”

Drenthe Village Dipper
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Zeeland
Reviewed 3 August 2016

Exquisite is the only word. Great Southern, Western, and Northern (if there is such a thing) barbecue recipes. Beef, pork, and chicken are magnificently presented. The seating is comfortable; remodeling of an older business is tasteful and spotless. Took no time to receive our order. Chef Len done good.

End your meal with great ice-cream. A variety of flavors. My favorite: Sherman Tracks. Must be the tanker in me hasn't fully left.

Order, sit, eat, and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

As an ice cream lover I'm very easy to please. village dipper is a winner. Cool old time setting an atmosphere, you can also sit outside.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Like my title states, it has changed ownership and is now called American Char. American Char is a restaurant specializing in ribs, pulled pork, chicken & brisket. So, I'll talk about the new restaurant. The ribs are a dry rub so you can put various barbecue sauces with the ribs. Personally I like dry rub so this suits me. The sides are your typical sides with barbecue dishes, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes & baked beans, cold slaw, etc. Bottom line, it's worth a drive to the country. Keep in mind, this is not a fancy restaurant, just wear your jeans. Keep in mind, they are only open 4-9, not lunch.

1  Thank CaribbeanSoul72
Reviewed 21 June 2015

I had a large hot fudge sundae and couldn't believe all ice cream I got with it. My daughter was upset when I told her she had to get a small flurry. But, she couldn't even finish it. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Stopped by on a whim, glad we did. It's,a bit,off the beaten path. Ice cream was good, portions were fair and off we went. Interesting history of area on the walls for your reading enjoyment. Not sure if we will stop back this summer but this is a good choice.