“Menu Seemed Much More Limited than Last Time, but Good Pizza!”

Cove Point Crossing
Ranked #6 of 8 Restaurants in Beaver Bay
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I recently ate dinner at Cove Point Crossing near Beaver Bay on a Friday evening when passing through the area. I was staying in neighboring Silver Bay for the night, and this was close to my hotel, so I decided to give Cove Point a try again. I was here about 5-6 years ago on a trip to this area, and it seemed that the menu is quite more limited now than it was then. I was hoping to get a fish fry with it being Friday, but they had no fish fry on the menu. They pretty much only have burgers or pizza. I did decide to go with a small supreme pizza, and it was a pretty good pizza with a variety of toppings, including pepperoni, sausage, peppers, onion, and mushrooms. The waitress was very friendly, personable, and efficient, and I was very happy with how quickly the pizza was out. I felt like I only waited maybe 15 minutes, which was not bad at all. I did enjoy a Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy as well, and this was refreshing after a long day exploring the State Parks in the area. Their sign even has the Leinenkugel's logo, so I was delighted that they had some bottles available. The prices here were pretty reasonable, as well. I was a bit surprised that the place was over half empty on a Friday night, but I don't know if this is normal or not. Like I said, though, I felt like the menu was much smaller than my last time here. I remember them having a variety of sandwiches and salads, and I did not see any of that stuff on the menu this time. The way it is now, you better want burgers or pizza, as there is not much else on the menu. An enjoyable Friday dinner but small menu.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

Cove Point Crossing is a great place to stop for a quick bite to eat and some refreshments. They have indoor and outdoor seating and quick, friendly service.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I've loved stopping here over the years since I can sit outside w/ my dogs or sit inside & be able to see my vehicle (dogs inside). However, the menu is now much more limited than I remember it being in the past. If you don't want a burger or pizza, there's not much. Unimpressive beers on tap, too. Maybe they expand their offerings when full season is really in swing. My husband had a very mediocre cheese burger that came with a tiny handful of fries; my pizza was OK but not great & rather greasy (especially since there wasn't any meat on it). Husband was taking antacids the rest of the day. The location is fabulous but there are better food offerings nearby.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Perfection!! Brittany was to die for. Me and my partner loved her. Made us wonderful dirty Shirley's and food was amazing!! Kenny down at cove point lodge front desk recommended we go up there and get pizza and it was so beyond good. The yeti with alfredo and grilled chicken with onion was one of the best things I've ate, even better cold. Thanks cove point lodge staff again for an amazing trip. Bryce and Nash send love

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel of course was great and the crossing is now in transition as we were told so we didn't have to many expectations because we were told they were going from a sub shop back to a full restaurant and bar like before. To say the least "the yeti" pizza is to die for and Brett was our sever/bartender and went above and beyond he was very friendly and was very informative with the menu! Thank you we went two days In a row and will be back again on our next trip up!