Was down for the GNR concert on Sunday and my friend got a room here and arrived after some heavy traffic and easy to find and so easy parking. He chose here because a few minutes walk to Light Rail and after checking in we were on the train.
First time ever for me and more than weird that no checking for tickets. I have ridden many trains and subways all over the world and do not know how they can operate like this. Reading more, I see they are losing a lot of money as people hop on and no purchase of tickets. But at any rate, a fast easy trip and unloaded right at the stadium.
Coming back at 12:30 am fast and good service. Some friends wanted to meet at IHOP for pancakes, but the wait was over an hour as not enough wait staff and cooks so we bailed and back to the room.
Room was great, quiet, nice bed, ice machine close at hand. Nothing fancy but clean and more than functional.
Next morning ready to head back home and had the breakfast they put out.
And I have to say it was one of the best if not the best ever breakfast buffet done by a motel-hotel that I have ever experienced.
Well laid out, and so many choices and fresh and of the highest quality. The juice alone was the best juice I have ever had anywhere other than fresh squeezed and this really surpassed that. Only in Mexico was the fresh squeezed better.
Fresh waffles, French Toast, meat choices, eggs , fresh berries, fruit and I could go on and on. It was to me totally amazing as to the variety and the quality.
A five star meal anyway you look at it.
I would return just for the breakfast alone and of course: location, location.
So if considering a trip to the Mall of America or an easy get to the two downtown stadiums, you cannot go wrong with the choice of the Country Inn at Mall of America.
Jim at Maplelag in Minnesota
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America is a hotel with a perfect location for your next business trip or family vacation. Amenities include: complimentary hot breakfast buffet, complimentary high speed internet, two heated indoor pools, services like a fitness center, and a free shuttle to both Mall of America and Minneapolis - St.Paul International Airport. The location is perfect as the hotel is located next next door to the world-renowned Mall of America. Also, the light rail is only steps away making it easy for guests to explore the attractions of the downtown Minneapolis or other Twin Cities attractions. The Minnesota Zoo, Fort Snelling, Target Field and the Science Museum of Minnesota are just a few other top spots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites At Mall Of America Hotel Bloomington
- Country Inn And Suites At Mall Of America
- Country Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington At Mall Of America MN - Minneapolis