“Great sushi. ”

Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 226 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Osaka Seafood Steakhouse, you will enjoy our unique cuisine and friendly atmosphere. We serve only the freshest, highest quality food. For an unforgettable, entertaining dining experience, sit at our hibachi grill and see our teppanyaki chefs put on a show for the entire family.
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I've eaten at tons of sushi restaurants around the US, and this has to tank the highest.

I ordered a "Dinner Box" that came with a soup and salad, and wasn't quite sure what would all be included but the sashimi was perfect, the California roll was tasty, and the tempura mix was the best - it also had seaweed salad and 3 lightly fried shumai and all for 19.95!!

There are newer reviews for Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Bad service below average sushi. Not get sick sushi. Just run of the mill. Spicy is not spicy salmon is thin sliced and eel sauce is bland. They are not creative on the rolls at all.
The place was empty and our server was not interested in serving us. We will not go back. Did not do hibachi but no else was in the restaurant

Reviewed 17 July 2016

OK, this is a place for the kids. All 20 of the Hibachi grills were in use on the Saturday night that we were there, and kids were at every grill. Each chef puts on an impressive display of fire, dexterity, and calculated humor. It is really fun, and also very noisy. As he squirts sake (or baby sake) into the open mouths of those who wish to participate, he beats out a rhythm that sounds very much like the percussion in a Chinese Opera. The noise level is high. The jokes are frequent and simple. For example, as he throws a pad of butter in air: "See the butterfly." Lots of things fly through the air, not just butter.
These skilled chefs cook the food right in front of you and then dish it out as it is cooked. After the food is finally served, the chef departs to let you enjoy your meal. Every Hibachi meal comes with a delicious cold salad, soup, noodles, and two shrimp. Prices are reasonable considering the quantity of food and the entertainment.
Our only negative comment in addition to the noise is the salmon, which was fishy. Everything else was just fine.
The date of our visit was July 9. 2016

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

So I drive in to pick up my take out sushi. The woman at the reception acted like I was interrupting her very important tasks. When I got back and got ready to eat, I found out that they had packed sashimi and not the sushi that I paid for. When I called back to explain that they got my order wrong, the immediate response was a load of attitude. "Do you know what sushi is? It is fish with rice." Anyone can make a mistake but it's how you handle it that keeps customers coming back. They should decrease the attitude and add some professionalism.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

The food is pretty average but the service was prompt and polite. Good place for a work lunch or meeting colleagues for a quick appetizer.