“Entertaining!”

Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Osaka Hibachi and Sushi Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 228 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: At Osaka Seafood Steakhouse, you will enjoy our unique cuisine and friendly atmosphere. We serve only the freshest, highest quality food. For an unforgettable, entertaining dining experience, sit at our hibachi grill and see our teppanyaki chefs put on a show for the entire family.
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was within walking distance from the hotel we were staying at so it was very convenient. It was my and my husbands first time at a hibachi grill restaurant so I really don't have anything to compare to. We found it quite entertaining to sit around a table, enjoying a food prep show while meeting new people. The grill chef did a great job of squirting saki in our mouths, also tossing veggies for us to try to catch. Wonderful way to break the ice when you're sitting at a table with strangers! Fun! My husband and I shared the Seafood combo (lobster, scallops, shrimp) for $34.95; a side of fried rice for $2.95; a Bud Light was $4.00. The food was cooked perfectly.

A couple negatives - there was a lot of minced garlic in everything - rice, vegetables, protein; and also a bit too much salt or soy/teriyaki sauce , which for my personal taste was saltier than I care for. The restaurant was not air conditioned, so when you are sitting around a hot grill and it's also 90 degrees outside it is uncomfortably warm. I was seriously tempted to shed some clothing! All things considered we had a really fun time and if the opportunity presented itself we would enjoy a return visit.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The tricks were pretty typical of a hibachi grill, as was the menu. We didn't wait long before being seated, but after moving to a table we waited close to 25 minutes before the cooking began. Thankfully a hibachi dinner comes with a soup and salad appetizer. Their fried rice is good and worth the cost to add it on, but I didn't care for their noodles. The vegetable hibachi meal included bell peppers in the vegetable mix , which unfortunately, in my opinion, overtook the rest of the flavors.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I took my mother and daughter to this restaurant for her b-day and it was my first time there. It was great our cook was funny and good the food was not bad at all.

I had a great time and most likely I will be back!!! Oh don't forget the price is not bad neither, four people 4 beers and a funny show for under hundred and fifty dollars.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Great sushi and great prices. Served us right up until closing time. Very quick and very fresh. Close to our hotel.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Our server and chef started out strong. We were really expecting a fantastic show, for and service. Unfortunately, it went downhill fast. The busser became our server until it was time for the check, so we know that he was still there. Our chef went into rush mode after the first traditional spatula show. He didn't say another word and put on the same scoop of garlic on the meats as he did butter. We have been to 2 other Osaka restaurants before, and they were much more enjoyable from beginning to end. We would not recommend this place.