“Granddaughter's first experience.”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainforest Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 242 Restaurants in Bloomington
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Tremendous entertainment for children dining. Food is good but overpriced. Do not order the vegetable flatbread. Totino's pizza is about the same quality. My wife ordered the grilled Spicy Korean Stir Fry. Great Sauce. Unfortunately the chicken was breaded and deep fried. The manager made sure she had the right kind of chicken and served the correct type of chicken. Son's burger and daughter-in-n law's shrimp/steak combo was very good. Great service for the amount of customers. We will be back for the volcano cake.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

It wasn't really busy, food and service was just ok. Nothing to write home about. I was expecting more as I grew up near the rainforest cafe in Costa Mesa California in south coast plaza and the food and service there are always excellent to outstanding. I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu and was basically ignored by the server. She was annoyed I asked to move tables where I could see what I was eating and I had to ask the bartender for steak sauce and return it to him when I was done! So not impressed and actually highly disappointed in this location all together! I don't recommend it!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Last week while visiting Mall of America, we ate at Rainforest Cafe. It was so much fun! It is not your everyday experience. It is dining made different! There are lightning and thunder storms with all the animals making loud noises. The animals are animated - you will actually see them move. You feel like you are in a jungle while you are there. My husband and I were pleased with the food too. The chicken salad and red-skinned mashed potatoes were especially good. They also make a good raspberry sweet tea. When we first came in, they seated us outside at the bar. We asked to move to the interior, and are we glad we did! We would have missed out on a lot, so don't be afraid to ask to move farther inside.

1  Thank NancyLovesRehoboth
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My family always enjoys eating at Rainforest Cafe in all the cities we visit that has one. The entertainment of watching the animated animals is very enjoyable. The food was very tasty and reasonably priced as well. It's a great place to dine with kids.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

The line was about a half hour to get in on a Friday noon. The kids got restless. Once inside and seated, the atmosphere of the jungle caught their imagination and entertained them. The thunder and lightning were a bit much but on the whole the place was fun. Servers were prompt and polite. Cost of the food was high we thought but it was well cooked and presented. This is on the third floor of the Mall of America where there are lots of competing food venues. It is a great place for young children.