“Always Outstanding”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 258 Restaurants in Bloomington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've eaten here a number of times now and the food is always very good. The Hibachi chefs are always very entertaining and personable. The drinks are good. We always looking forward to having a meal here when we're at the Mall of America.

Date of visit: April 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Anthony, Your feedback is appreciated. We are pleased to hear we were able to create a great memory for you!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter is still talking about the food and the show! It was absolutely delicious.
Also, to note because we couldn’t find the restaurant in the mall it took so long(we showed up late to our reservation) they still were able to work us in to hibachi and even turned others away.
So nice.
We will definitely be back! Thanks

Date of visit: March 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Megan, Our goal is to create great guest memories. We are pleased to hear we were able to do so for you and your family.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Went here with some friends for lunch. Amazing food and beverages they have! Highly recommended if you're visiting the area!

Date of visit: May 2017
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Brian, We appreciate you dining with Benihana, thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We waited 45 minutes (and watched a lot of other parties get seated) before asking the hostess how much longer. I was not rude, or agitated, yet one on the host staff was extremely rude to us, even though the others said she made a mistake when we checked in. The food was great, and the service was phenomenal, but the front of the house was too much. If you’re going for the teppanyaki, you’ll have to brave the wait- otherwise, you can get great sushi at a number of other places at MOA.

Date of visit: February 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Adam, thank you for sharing your review. We understand your disappointment as this shouldn’t have happened. Please take a moment to contact Guest Relations via benihanalistens.smg.com/ for our team to reach back to you. Your feedback helps us to make improvements and we’re hopeful that you will provide us with an opportunity to serve you again. Arigato.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

We have been going to Benihana for my birthday for probably almost 20 years and to this location since it opened. We have never had anything but an awesome experience. The food was amazing as always but we had our first disappointing experience with service. The waiter started out great. He was polite with a little bit of smart alec, just enough to make it fun. Turned into just plain a smart alec. He got sassy because he apparently felt that we were making too many requests and he was needing to go get us items too many times (refills, items we had ordered that he missed, forks, etc). I understand that is probably annoying but a good waiter/waitress asks if there is anything else you need and offers refills. He never asked at all other than once sarcastically when he was annoyed. (By the way, we have never NOT been offered forks before. Unlikely my 7 and 11 year old kids are going to be able to eat entirely with chop sticks.) He brought the check without offering dessert even though it comes with the meal and then got snotty when we asked for it because he had to go back again. He also charged us for an adult meal instead of a kids meal for one of our sons. When we asked about it he told us that he hadn't charged us for beverages (which we hadn't noticed because kids were free and we only had one additional beverage) so he obviously knew he had made the error but didn't bother saying anything until I asked. Even with not being charged for our one beverage, we we're still being over charged. He did bring an adjusted check but only when I questioned him again. As I mentioned, we go every year for my birthday and the waiter was aware it was my birthday. When he brought the desserts out, I received a small scoop of ice cream like everyone else, not the birthday sundae they usually do. When I asked him about it, he again got snotty and took the ice cream back and added a candle and a squirt of whip cream but still no chocolate topping. They also usually sing Happy Birthday to you when they bring the ice cream. That was never offered. I ate my plain ice cream while they sang Happy Birthday to other tables around us. Basically he ignored the fact that it was my birthday after mentioning it when he first came to our table. I'm glad this was not our first trip to Benihana because I'm not sure that we would go back. The food and the cook were still amazing, so we will go back next year and hopefully will have a better experience.

Date of visit: January 2018
Benihana M, Guest Relations Manager at Benihana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Shelly, We wish you a Happy Belated from the Benihana team! Come back soon! . If you would like to get in touch with our Guest Relations team, please do so via: benihanalistens.smg.com/