“Nice but lacking.”

Hot wok
Ranked #18 of 35 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I love Chinese food and I like coming here. But I wish they would prepare their offerings like I was living in China. It's a bit too Americanized. To their defense, I think that they have to do this for folks who don't understand true Chinese cuisine. They have a nice place with good service. I just wish the offerings were prepared in a more authentic Chinese fashion.

There are newer reviews for Hot wok

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

We've been here several times and have enjoyed their combo plates. For dessert we try to get the sugar buns when they have them and would highly recommend them!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

Fresh made to order. Two of us shared a couple appetizers and one small main dish. Very good, not fancy.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Hot Wok is very good most of the time, however it is quite inconsistent. Sometimes very flavorful and fresh, other times not so much. This being said, still the best for Chinese here in Buffalo.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

We ordered Hot Wok for the office and it was awful! We all threw it in the trash! I ordered the Mongolian Chicken - it had 5 pieces of chicken and the rest was onions, no other veggie and we asked on the phone they said it was chicken, pea pods, carrots and onions. The sauce tasted like the pan.