“Good place to hang out”
Review of The Messy Napkin

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Messy Napkin
Ranked #26 of 35 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Our burgers and fries were cooked just right, were delicious, and were served quite promptly. Nice family atmosphere. Would be a nice place to bring the team after a game. Warm and inviting staff, we were well attended to.

There are newer reviews for The Messy Napkin

Reviewed 27 February 2015

Apparently they are in the process of revamping, so the menu was more limited. But the burgers were excellent and well worth a visit for them! They were well cooked and on a beautiful, buttered and toasted bun. They currently have a little fixings bar where you can choose whatever you want to top your burger. There is the usual ketchup, mustard and mayo, but also a variety of other sauces. Along with lettuce and tomato there are other veggies (olives, jalapenos, a couple kinds of onions) and some awesome pickles! Both the fries and onion rings were very good. Fountain pop (with refills) is only a buck and a bottled beer for my hubby was only a few dollars. They also have pizzas and good quality hot dogs. A simple place, but very clean and the service was great, too!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went back to the Messy Napkin with my husband and adult son. We all enjoyed the variety of choices, the quality of service and food...but the guys thought the actual burger patty was small. They would like more meat...or at least the option for a larger patty. Personally I thought it was fine! I really like this place, but will go back with girlfriends next time! :)

1  Thank mdld
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have eaten at the Messy Napkin several times and have enjoyed it each time. The atmosphere is a bit boring...but nice. The service is good. I love the hamburgers! I have tried my own creations and also the ones set on the menu. I would recommend it for the burgers for sure...

1  Thank mdld
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Messy Napkin occupies a former pizza restaurant. The concept is open as you can see into the kitchen when you walk in. It is clean and seems to have been sort of remodeled (excep the carpet which was still old and needs replacing). It was our second trip to this restaurant, so we were familiar with the menu and items. Our order for soda was filled quickly but wrong by the server. We requested a "kids cup" for our 8 year old, and we received a 20 ounce glass. We were told by the server we would not be charged for the pop as he "screwed up".

There is a menu, as well as notepads that you can custom make your own pizza or burger or dessert pizza. We were ready within a few minutes, and the server never returned to our table. We were passed several times by another server. My child was given a coloring sheet with pieces of broken crayons in a dixie cup.

After 17 minutes, I gathered $6 out of my wallet stopped by the cashier, and said this was for the sodas, we waited for over 15 minutes and no one took our order. She said "sorry", and looked confused. We left and went to another local restaurant and spent $50 and had awesome service and great food.

On a previous visit, the food was decent, but pricey for Buffalo. A table behind us had really raw--not rare-- burgers. If this restaurant is going to make it they need to get their act together. I am all about supporting the local businesses, but it will be hard to go back a 3rd time.

1  Thank breezeeMN