“Our Favorite Chinese Place”
Review of House of Lo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
House of Lo
Ranked #24 of 35 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Our family loves House of Lo and we often order carry out. Chinese Chicken Chow Mein is a family favorite.... it has stirfried noodles with vegetables, chicken and little pieces of bacon. It is wonderful. Fried rice is also very good every time.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I grew up enjoying house of Lo! We live in another town so, it was always a great treat when ever we got to have it!
Their Cream Cheese wontons, and their egg Foo Young, are my two absolute favorites! The sweet and sour chicken is a favorite of my boyfriends!
Yes the inside could use a little work, but the food is awesome, have never been disappointed by the service!
100% recommend

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We used to go here after church when I was little so to pay homage to that tradition we ordered take out for 16 people for my parents 50th wedding anniversary. When we ordered we asked if it was enough, the woman on the phone said she thought so. The order was over $110 dollars which they only accept in cash or check. They told us about 20 minutes or so and after driving a half an hour to pick it up we still waited another 30 minutes after arriving. That said , upon arrival back to our event, we found we had been shorted 3 main entrees. We also did not receive the white rice that is equivalent to what we ordered. It was a fiasco. Upon calling them, we were argued with and excuses were made. They agreed to send us $40 but did not indicate how or when. When we returned the call to say how dishonorable this was to us and our parents after 30 years of patronizing them, they offered us half the order but again did not say how they would do it, told us we did not order enough anyway - that we were lying that we had asked if what we ordered was enough- and continued to argue that they were busy and basically the attitude was "too bad for you". No apology. In fact, when we attempted to ask how it would be reimbursed to us- yes we did suggest they just return the voided check in full to us due to the experience - the owner said no, they were busy and it's just business. He then proceeded to hang up on me mid sentence when I attempted to ask him to stop yelling and where the refund would be sent. I called back 3 times but was sent to voicemail each time. There is no way to make up for the lack of food for the anniversary party, for the rudeness of the owner, the missing entrees and side rice- we can't get the fun of eating from our "old family favorite back", and we will never return. Regardless, as well, even if we hadn't had the horrible service the food was mediocre. So we will see if we are reimbursed at all, but again, no way to make this right. An apology and not arguing would have been gracious. Reimbursing us would have at least given us a reason to try again sometime but not in this case. It's sad.

1  Thank SunnyDay1
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Ate here Jan. 2016. Food was awful. Brown sauce on each dish was the same and tasted like soy sauce mixed with corn starch. I asked the waitress and she said that it was soy sauce with corn starch. It was so salty almost inedible. Then the bill comes. Items we purchased were $10.45 and $8.25, and $4.25. Bill comes and we are charged $11.29, $8.51 and $4.78. So I took a menu and showed the waitress that we were chared incorrectly. Her response? "Well the menu prices are wrong and all our prices went up". What is that? I will never go there again. We have eaten at Power Buffet and Hot Wok as well. The food there is fantastic and they charged the prices written on the menu. I will never go to House of Lo again.

2  Thank Teri T
Reviewed 10 June 2015

I love there Chicken curry the food is amazing the egg roles and fried rice are awesome great place for family and friends and the food is well priced for the portion sizes given.