“Meah.”

Sakura Sushi & Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 35 Restaurants in Buffalo
Reviewed 7 July 2017

We've come here a few times in moments of desperation for sushi. We've tried many different rolls, and truthfully never been all that impressed. It's a bummer because I would eat takeout from here weekly if it was tasty. :/

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Have been to Sakura about a dozen times and have never been disappointed. The nigiri, sashimi, and special rolls are all excellent. Service is always great and there was only one visit that it seemed to take a little longer than usual to get our food. If you enjoy sushi, you will not be disappointed. My wife and I would rather come here than spend twice the money at a place in the cities.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Was really looking forward to this place, until I went here. The service was lacking. Had to get up and go find napkins and silverware for ourselves. The interior does not feel very clean so I shied away from the sushi and tried a Hibachi combo figuring we'd see how this goes first before passing judgement (or eating raw food in a place that didn't exude a lot of confidence in their cleanliness). Both the shrimp and the steak were horribly over cooked (rubbery). The rice also had a fishy taste to it - not as in "suspect" but literally fishy. I didn't understand that one at all. I so badly want a nice restaurant in Buffalo, and would absolutely love a sushi place I could feel good about eating at. Unfortunately this is not it. There are so many better options within a 30-40 min drive that it's hard to justify settling for this. Just make the drive and go somewhere you won't regret.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We discovered Sakura after 2 of our favorite hibachi Grills closed
I have been here twice and have been extremely impressed! They do not offer the normal hibachi experience by cooking in front of you, but the quality of the food is just as good! And their lunch prices are awesome!!
Decent service, awesome food!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

Enjoyed monster roll, shrimp lo mein, steak lo mein and pad thai, and fried rice. The steak lo mein was our favorite and could easily serve two people. Great selection of the top three Japanese beers. Reasonable prices for serving size.