“New location on Nicollet Avenue in Minneapolis review.”

Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
Ranked #33 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Reviewed 4 May 2016

An enjoyable experience. I had the boneless jerk chicken (with Minnesota Nice sauce - which was plenty hot for me.) the meal also came with rice and beans, slaw, and fried plantains. I have had better rice and beans (or rice and peas per More Jamaican lingo), but the slaw was fresh and light, the chicken was nicely done, and the plantains were very good. The meal was very filling! I also tried their version of a Jamaican patty but found it dry and definitely not as good as others I have had.

Reviewed 7 April 2016

My wife and I stopped by to check out this new spot on Nicollet right next to the Jasmine Deli and across the street from the Bad Waitress and the Copper Hen. We went on a Sunday afternoon. The place had opened up two days earlier. There were three tables on the sidewalk and all were taken.

Nice spot with a large garage door which opens to the street. Plenty of tables inside with soft Jamaican music playing. We tried two dishes - the Curry Chicken and the One Love (a mixture of Chicken and Pork). With every dish, you can choose from a variety of sauces ranging from exceptionally mild to "You Kill Dem Wit Dat!" Each dish came with plantains and a slaw/vegetable mixture. Both were delicious though the sauces (served on the side) could have been more generous in portion. The dishes were $10 and $11 and of ample size.

Right now they stock just the usual coke products as well as some Jamaican soda. I tried a ginger/pineapple concoction which was quite refreshing if a bit spendy at $3.77 a bottle. The manager told us they are close to a license to sell beer and wine so the Red Stripe is not far off. They also plan to partner with Bauhaus Brewery and feature their beers on tap.

Manager also has plans to make an outdoor seating area in the back and has purchased the furniture. Also plans to host music events back there as well.

If you're on Eat Street, given the place a try. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

I used to be a mall employee, this is the only place I would trust to get food from in the food court...seriously...the flavors are awesome! I grew up on food from Trinidad and Tobago so to get food from a place that actually understands what it means to have pepper in a dish is refreshing. Don't even think about going to the other spots because they're going to sell you food that is deep fried and comes in frozen bags. This food tastes like it's been made fresh a few minutes ago. Love it!

Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

I'm not one of those Minnesotans who thinks that ketchup is spicy, but I like to be able to taste my food, not have my tastebuds overwhelmed and my mouth tingling for minutes afterward. For those who think the hotter the better, I can see how Pimento Jamaican Kitchen would be a welcome alternative to the often bland & boring food court option.

Vinegary slaw, carmelized plantains and coconut rice with red beans help to cut the heat a bit, but even the sweet Minnesota Nice bbq sauce had a spicy kick at the end. The portion size is quite large for the money and could easily be split by two people with smaller appetites.

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

The food is delicious, I had the curry chicken, new to the menu. They are always adding new items. I will be returning for another meal.