“Beer brewed on site”

Nutmeg Brewhouse
Ranked #19 of 132 Restaurants in Burnsville
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Reviewed 7 December 2017

English porter was outstanding, lentil soup good, fries very good, grew up on background music which would not be for everyone but I loved it. The decor is modern with a large area of glass windows to view city street. Gives the room a nice open feel. Grill cook clearly has some experience. Bartender and waitress service good but not old hands either.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Stopped for appetizers and a beer with three friends around 4pm on a Saturday. They were rather understaffed, but those things happen. The food was rather good and not your typical bar food.

The server was very knowledgeable, but that was also the problem. He ran though the beer options so fast, you really need to know your stuff about craft beer and the language they speak for it to make any sense. We told him we didn't really know much about craft beer and wanted something close to a pilsner. He just rattled off the same information again about all seven beers on tap. After a third request, he ended up bringing us small samples of two different beers which helped.

This might be a great place to stop if you really know your craft beers. But if you don't, you might want to try somewhere else.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We went in with a group of 8 people for beer and food. Service was nice, food was decent (a bit above average), and the beer was good. I won't rush back, but we enjoyed it.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

First time for lunch although we gave enjoyed lunches next door at The Indian restaurant. Ordered Moroccan Lentil Soup with garlic naan plus a single order Scotch Egg. The soup was off the charts!!!! My wife ordered a salad with grilled chicken and enjoyed it but shared my soup and agreed that it was superb.
Server very efficient and knew the menu. She brought me a couple of beer "tastes".
Forgot what I had but glad it was smaller glass as high alcohol content.
All in all a wonderful lunch experience and will be back for sure.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I visited Nutmeg Brewhouse for the first time and absolutely loved it. It was hard to choose from the menu because everything looked great! I went "bar food" and had their blackened wings. Loved them... I added the Caribbean Jerk dipping sauce. Zing! The atmosphere is relaxed and casual... and inviting. I'll be heading back soon to try their BLT... then a burger!