“Nice hotel, great breakfast, beds too soft”

Holiday Inn Express Chanhassen
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chanhassen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is nice although it is showing its age. The tile in my bathroom was loose and appeared to have been repaired recently., but not so well. The room was extremely hot, so had to turn on the ac to get it cooler even though it was negative digits outside. ( I was rpthere for a business meeting and each person mentioned how hot the rooms were)

The beds were extremely soft as many reviewers noted, so I did not have that good of sleep. I fund it hard to believe the mattresses were new.

The breakfast was well stocked and really good - better than most hotels complementary breakfasts.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I stayed here for a week long training for work and was very happy with my hotel stay. Two staff members in particular, Olga and Rigo, went way above and beyond to help me when my car wouldn’t start. I was on a tight time schedule for work, and they made sure I was safely on my way, on time. The rest of the staff was very friendly and helpful as well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Amy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

YAY!!! I'm so glad that Olga and Rigo were able to help you in your time of need. These are the types of examples that I like to use for training my staff...Showing them how they can go above and beyond on a daily basis for our guests. That's great!! Thank you so much for sharing that with everyone. I hope that your training will bring you back here again sometime or that you will think of us the next time you are in the area. Until then, Safe Travels.

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had my daughter's wedding at the Arboretum this past weekend and our wedding block was at the Chanhassen Holiday Inn...this venue is AMAZING when dealing with a large group. We had over 55 rooms in our block, accommodating well over 150 people. We asked if we could use the conference room off the lobby for the weekend, in order for our guests to have a place to mingle when wedding activities were not going on. They accommodated us without question and were extremely helpful and flexible with our needs. Every single staff member...from Amy the manager, to the front desk staff, to the maintenance and cleaning personnel...was super friendly, helpful, and professional at all times. I would highly recommend this hotel for any type of event you have coming up...they exceeded our expectations and went above and beyond at all times!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Awesome!! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We loved having your group here and we are so glad that everyone enjoyed their stay. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel to host your friends and family for the big event...We appreciate it!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

They had major construction around the area which was a surprise. The people at the front desk greeted us warmly but were not from the area so didn't have much of a clue to recommend where to eat. The room we had clearly could use an update of a mattress and some tile grout. The room only had one blanket which we realized after we were ready for bed, since there was only one person at the desk we didn't feel inclined to get redressed and go down to get one. There were two different TV guides to channels offered which was very confusing until we had to reset everything.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Amy B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chanhassen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Guest, I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay 100 percent. Yes, unfortunately there is construction in the lot next door but that will be dissipating soon. We do get a lot of good reviews on the mattresses, but I will have that particular mattress checked to be sure it is in good condition. Our mattresses were recently replaced and I know that everyone has their preference for how soft or hard they prefer it to be. Thank you for your feedback as it is very important to us. We appreciate it. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

On a recent stay at this hotel with our group, we were so grateful for their kindness, flexibility & organization. I was particularly impressed with the staff welcome when each of our group members arrived -- and their all-around-readiness to go above and beyond with every request. Thank you, thank you! We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and much of it is due to our fabulous stay at this hotel. We are very thankful that we chose to stay here.

Room Tip: The shuttle to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum was a terrific option!