See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2016

Very convenient location, blocks from the Main Street of Chatfield.
comfortable house, nice kitchen, great lighting, all towels, dishes, etc are furnished.
nice room with en-suite bathroom. Only concern was the water pressure in the shower, just the shower, bathroom sink was fine.
I did not ask the Inn Keeper about the water pressure and probably should have. That was the only issue with my room
The living room needs updated furniture, the pieces are older and the springs are gone in the couch, the upholstery has some dirt and stains. The room could benefit from some new pieces, that being said, it was still a wonderful place and I will definitely go back.

There are no other places to stay in town and because of that, the price was as expected, however, the renters share a common kitchen, dining room and tv room, and do their own dishes, because of that it reminded me of a hostel, and if I compare it to a hostel then the price could be $10-$15 lower. - - or is it more like airbnb and the price is spot on? hard to say.

What is easy to say is that the house has a very inviting and comfortable feel to it.
the location is perfect, the innkeeper is wonderful, very friendly and helpful. (as was everyone I encountered in town). The few issues I mentioned are in no way enough to stop me from returning. I had an enjoyable stay and will return.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The B&B is getting run down and needs a lot of TLC. The building needs paint badly, and the railings are falling down on the outside balcony. They had a rain storm and a retaining wall collapsed. They gave me a different room than the one I had booked. They said there is a dead critter in the wall and it sometimes smells. The room we got only has shears on the windows and there is now way to close the curtain as they have plexiglass over the window so you can't get to the pull shade. Your basically in a fish bowl at night when the lights are on. I hope we didn't give the neighbors a show. Also, the B&B needs a good cleaning. There are so many antiques and knick knacks that I see how it would be difficult to keep things clean.
We stayed on a Monday night and found out that the town basically shuts down on Mondays. There was only one establishment in town where we could get a meal which was a local bar. The breakfast we had in the morning was absolutely outstanding and the highlight of the stay.

Room Tip: Until this place is fixed up, I would stay else where
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016

What a wonderful experience it was to stay at Oakenwald Terrace this past weekend! Oakenwald took the term Bed and Breakfast to a whole new level for me. The accommodations were outstanding and the better than museum quality atmosphere was spectacular. Your collections of antiques and the décor made me feel like I was going back in time. I really enjoyed taking the time to view your countless antiques, including the exquisite furniture, lamps, sterling silver spoon collections, cups, figurines, etc., etc., etc. The craftsmanship that went into building the home was exceptional and second to none I've ever seen. I especially liked the birds-eye maple woodwork in my bedroom, as well as the grandfather clock curio cabinet. I had never seen such an exceptional piece of furniture. I would have stayed longer if I could have. I would highly recommend Oakenwald Terrace as a go-to destination.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank wjr575
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Cannot say enough good about this bed and breakfast!! Bob and Ruth Anne made our stay truly wonderful. The home, the food, and the hospitality were delightful. We stayed in the blue room in the old servants wing. Nicely appointed. We especially loved getting to know our hosts, relaxing on the screened in porch, and exploring the neighborhood. We will definitely return, every year I hope!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2015

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend in and around Chatfield. This beautiful bed and breakfast was the perfect place for us. The owners are extremely friendly, the rooms are clean, and the service & food were awesome. There is a lot to see in the house: allow time for it.

Stayed: August 2015