“Excellent option for finer dining in DL area”
Review of The Fireside

The Fireside
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fireside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fireside is a northern Minnesota lakes area icon with house made, hand cut foods. An immense dose of style dominates a menu filled with classic, eclectic and inventive fare. Our stylish, chic and posh dining room is built around an open-air antique charcoal grill with a sensational view of Lake Detroit.
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My wifevsnd I took my brother and his wife out for supper on a Sunday evening. This is the first time we have been to the Fireside although we have eaten at many other restaurants in the Detroit Lakes area. This is definitely a upper end dining experience. We came early so it was not busy. It was also happy hour so they had special prices on drinks and appetizers. We were promptly seated at a table by the opened screened area facing the lake. It would have been a nice view except that it was a cool misty evening. I was concerned that the opened window would make it uncomfortable but they had heat on. We were promptly brought menus and iced water. We ordered stuffed mushrooms and walley cakes and a couple of beers. With the happy hour prices they were reasonably price. There was a nice selection of drinks and the appetizers were very good. I ordered a beer cheese soup with my meal which was good but pretty much standard fare. The others in the group ordered salads which were also good. They brought a basket if dinner rolls which were goid but would have been better if served warm. I had a sirloin steak with algratten potatoes. Both were well prepared and served to our table with a comfortable time spacing between courses. The others in the group had fried walley and bar b q ribs. Foidvwasvall excellent. Service was great and you cannot beat the atmosphere. This would be a great choice for anyone who does not mind paying a little more for a higher end dining experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is nicely nestled between oak trees and broad big windows that overlook the Lake. If the sun is still out, try not to sit right by the window because it will be in your face, besides the tinted shades. The interior decor lends to a calm comfortable atmosphere.

We ordered crusted walleye (still had a few little bones) with mashed potatoes (watery and too sweet), mac-n-cheese (it had a sour, almost rotten taste to it), and steamed broccoli.

The cocktails were so-so, I think they forgot to put the vodka in mine.

I'd come back for the atmosphere, but not for the food, not at $30 for a plate. On second thought, I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The food is good here. The atmosphere is great. We enjoyed the music! Service is great. Breakfast is fantastic!

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Wine Wednesday today which meant $17 bottles, so we had wine with our meal plus plenty left over to take home. I didn't even know you could take an unfinished bottle home.

Beer list is a little lacking compared to many places but they had several original cocktails to try. I like how they list all of their spirits so you know what the possibilities are.

The food was ok. I took a shot with the crusted walleye which wasn't my favorite but definitely could be for other people. The caesar salad and our Viognier were the highlights of the meal.

Service was just fine. Our server was very personable and checked on us regularly.

What I liked most was the view. If everything was priced a little cheaper I'd make this a go-to every time I stopped by DL.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Pasta, Steaks, Seafood, great apps and cocktails with a spectacular view! What more could you ask for? We had such a great time the first night- we came back the next night for dinner as well! Fine dining with small town prices. Extensive list of Craft Cocktails! I wish I could try them all. Highly recommend the Happy Hour and apps. Great service!