“Excellent”
Review of The Fireside

The Fireside
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fireside is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Fireside is a northern Minnesota lakes area icon with house made, hand cut foods. An immense dose of style dominates a menu filled with classic, eclectic and inventive fare. Our stylish, chic and posh dining room is built around an open-air antique charcoal grill with a sensational view of Lake Detroit.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

You can trust The Fireside to do it right -- from the food to the service to the ambiance. Our go-to 'nice' restaurant in Detroit Lakes.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was here for my birthday dinner. I love this restaurant. I love the walleye. I have the parmesan crusted walleye each time I come. Good choice of wine. My significant other had the deep fried walleye. He said it was very good. I This is probably one of the few places for fine dining in DL but they do it very well. We left a coat here and they were closed the next early afternoon but we were leaving DL and the cook answered the door and they had the coat.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My wifevsnd I took my brother and his wife out for supper on a Sunday evening. This is the first time we have been to the Fireside although we have eaten at many other restaurants in the Detroit Lakes area. This is definitely a upper end dining experience. We came early so it was not busy. It was also happy hour so they had special prices on drinks and appetizers. We were promptly seated at a table by the opened screened area facing the lake. It would have been a nice view except that it was a cool misty evening. I was concerned that the opened window would make it uncomfortable but they had heat on. We were promptly brought menus and iced water. We ordered stuffed mushrooms and walley cakes and a couple of beers. With the happy hour prices they were reasonably price. There was a nice selection of drinks and the appetizers were very good. I ordered a beer cheese soup with my meal which was good but pretty much standard fare. The others in the group ordered salads which were also good. They brought a basket if dinner rolls which were goid but would have been better if served warm. I had a sirloin steak with algratten potatoes. Both were well prepared and served to our table with a comfortable time spacing between courses. The others in the group had fried walley and bar b q ribs. Foidvwasvall excellent. Service was great and you cannot beat the atmosphere. This would be a great choice for anyone who does not mind paying a little more for a higher end dining experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is nicely nestled between oak trees and broad big windows that overlook the Lake. If the sun is still out, try not to sit right by the window because it will be in your face, besides the tinted shades. The interior decor lends to a calm comfortable atmosphere.

We ordered crusted walleye (still had a few little bones) with mashed potatoes (watery and too sweet), mac-n-cheese (it had a sour, almost rotten taste to it), and steamed broccoli.

The cocktails were so-so, I think they forgot to put the vodka in mine.

I'd come back for the atmosphere, but not for the food, not at $30 for a plate. On second thought, I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

The food is good here. The atmosphere is great. We enjoyed the music! Service is great. Breakfast is fantastic!