“"only 51 weeks until we return"”
Review of Fair Hills Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Detroit Lakes
Fair Hills Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Detroit Lakes
OK
“"only 51 weeks until we return"”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Every week when we leave, our kids say "it is only 51 weeks until we get to come back!" We drive 15 hours to Minnesota. If you want a place where the second you cross the entry arch, your world slows down, and it's all about your family, relaxation, and doing as much or as little as you want to do. You can read a book or go windsurf. Easy golf or challenging golf. In our group, we have an oil man, lawyer, ER doc, dermatologist, dentist, CPA - all love it and find it is the best vacation ever. I have been for 23 of my 31 years, and my husband of 9 years has been there 7! The scheduled activities for kids gives us a great break to relax! We love Fair Hills and the quaint, easy-going, no make-up, fun time we have each summer.

Room Tip: A cabin is a cabin - if our kids didn't nap, we wouldn't ever be in our room!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank StacyOK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Windom, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Fair Hills is a very friendly, relaxing getaway with lots of things to do...even if all you want to do is sit in a deck chair and watch the water! We spent just a weekend, but it was so nice and peacefull! The staff is very friendly and accomodating, the food is wonderfull and the view is soothing. We were there as part of a business meeting weekend and the facilities were great for anything we needed. I would love to go back and take my family!

Room Tip: The cabins close to the water have great views and seem a bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Fair Hills is a very family friendly resort. Many activities through out the day and evening to keep everyone busy. The grass tennis courts,lake activities,games,golf, pool, hot tub you name it ~~ it's all there for you to keep your days active. It is a older camp, for the younger generation it is not wired but you can get on @ the lodge. No TV etc. just a cabin and lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank 12LA
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 30 March 2009

My wife and I have returned to Fair Hills every year since 1984 only missing a couple years due to work. Fair Hills is Summer Camp for the whole family and you are made to feel like family, especially upon your return. You may partake of anything "Summery," whether paddle boating, swimming, canoeing, fishing, sailing, power-boating, water-skiing, golf (on their 9-hole Executive course or across the street at Wildflower - championship prarie course). Or you may just relax with a good book and swing in a hammock.

By the way, my wife and I have lived in Virginia all this time, so it is a bit of a trek for us to get there, but it's always worth the trip.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FHVacationer
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I have been going to Fair Hills since I was a kid. I love everything about this resort. This place is something that I am going to take my own kids to someday. The place is very well managed. The staff is the some of the friendliest people you will ever meet. There are plenty of activities on site and the pool area is great. The individual cabins are very clean. When you book your cabin you have the option of cooking your own meals or having them prepared for you in a dining hall. I would recommend getting a cabin for you to make your own meals. It definitely makes the price of your vacation more affordable. Also visit the pizza restaurant Zorbas which is about 10 minutes away! Wow, good Nachos!

Try Fair Hills once, and you will have memories to last a lifetime!

Stayed June 2005
31.3 km away
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hawley
35.3 km away
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Perham, MN

Been to Fair Hills Resort? Share your experiences!