“Online ordering is the way to go but getting to the menu is a little confusing.”

Northern Waters Smokehaus
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Duluth
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I ordered The Phoebe with the maple-smoked turkey and kimchi and it was fantastic, especially the bread and turkey. The kimchi was a little overpowering but I just took some of it off. I inhaled it. I was surprised to see when I picked it up that it's in a very small area.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Popular place so expect a long line and may have to wait for a table outside. Sandwiches were large and very good and fresh. I loved the Pastrami Mommy and my husband loved the Reuben. Menu is only on the wall and is a bit confusing to read for first-timers.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was a wonderful place to eat. It's very different and unique. They specialize in smoked-fish and other meats and offers a sizable menu of gourmet sandwiches.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We were in Duluth and just had to see what makes this one of the best places to eat in Duluth. The line was long for a Thursday mid afternoon. We got the special of the day which was only $8 and the food was very good. Others sandwiches seemed a little pricey $10-14. It was rainy so without the outdoor seating there were only about 8 stools and a couple two seater tables. Wait time was about 20-25 minutes. I'm glad we went and would go again on a sunny day. Just still not what I expected for number one.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Northern Smokehaus is conveniently located in the DeWitt-Switzerland Building at Canal Park in Duluth, and it's the perfect spot to grab a deli-style sandwich, or maybe some delectable smoked fish and a box of crackers. Makes a great quick snack or lunch, or ingredients for an impromptu picnic on one of the Lakewalk benches nearby while you get lulled by the Lake Superior waves massaging the rocky shore.