“Road Trip ”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here only to find out it was happy hour! Had a great chicken waffle sandwich it was delicious! I don’t drink so don’t know about the discount on liquor, but the sandwich was on HH and well worth a try! Will be back again!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My wife, son and 1 year old granddaughter actually stumbled across Lake Ave Cafe. We were going to another restaurant and decided to browse other nearby establishments first. I’m glad we did. I like to try different and unique foods but my wife is not so adventurous. Don’t let the vegan or GF menu items steer you away. I am neither but if they didn’t call out a meal as vegan or GF you wouldn’t know. I had the Spinach Tagliatelle and my wife had the smoked Mac and cheese - both very delicious. I will be back next time we’re in town to try more dishes. The servers were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I ate here with several people and at first, I looked over the menu and couldn't settle on anything, nothing stood out as a clear winner for me so we started off with the dates to share. What they lacked in quantity (only 5 and we were sharing) they certainly made up for in flavor.
I opted for the Warm Beetroot Salad with Kale and Pickled Mustard seeds, roasted mushrooms, a little goat cheese sprinkled around, with a poached egg plopped in the middle with caramel apple vinaigrette. I was certain to have never had half of this dish so I was interested to taste how it came together. This was an excellent mix of complementary flavors that I would have never thought of putting on the same plate but it worked so well, I asked for the recipe.

The others in our group all ordered something different and everyone was impressed.

This is definitely a place where you can feel at ease stepping out of your comfort zone.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Nice choice of creative cuisine, filling , but not just meat and potatoes. I enjoyed a plate of coq au vin, which was delicious. There is a full bar, with, again, a creative collection of cocktails.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We heard there were new owners. Our party ordered different items. The flat bread pizza was okay. The sausage pizza was a joke--minimal sausage, minimal cheese and a lot of crust. $14. for a small pizza that's less than mediocre in taste and quantity? The burger was good, as reported by one of our party. The gnocchi was very tasty--but unusual. The gnocchi seemed deep fried (like the little breakfast potatoes you get in some restaurants). They did not taste like butternut squash--they were not tender, rather they were dried little orange chunks. The sauce was delectable. It would have been nice to have a little bread with that entree. The side salad was cost prohibitive. Really? All we could think was that the rent must be very high. We decided to not order drinks--would have added another $50 to our bill. Frustrating. Our server did not seem very interested in our experience, as though we were an afterthought to her job as hostess. We will not return. There are too many competitive choices.