“Fast & Friendly”

Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 263 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Description: Homemade sauce with our secret mix of seasonings. Dough that's made fresh every morning. Specialty meats and real mozzarella cheese. The sounds of crisp crust being cut into perfectly sized squares. That's what you'll find in the kitchen at Sammy's Pizza & Restaurant in Downtown Duluth.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

My family has visited sammys for years. We love to make our own pizza. I used to think green olives were bad on pizza but the veggie pizza is great. We also like the beef pizza and the Hawaiian. Service is good and the crust is always crispy.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I don't understand why people rave about this place. We had the Monday night buffet, and we were not impressed at all. There is nothing special about Sammy's. If you're looking for good pizza, go to V.I.P. It's less expensive, and tastes much better.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Took an easy walk from Canal Park to the downtown location just for the buffet. The salad bar was very fresh. Several kinds of pizza on the buffet. They were all thin crust and varied from veggie, meats, alfredo and cheese. Servers were very kind and attentive.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This was one of the worst dining experiences I have had. I probably should have seen the warning signs: The completely uninspired menu, we were only one of two tables in there at 6:30 on a Saturday night; servers and pizza cooks on their phones; the cooks don't wear gloves and I watched them touch their faces, hair, phones etc and then touch raw and cooked food! Maybe we wouldn't have been paying so much attention if our food didn't take an hour leaving us to stare at the staff while they were or weren't working (hard to tell who works there really). It turns out the server cooks the pasta. They do not have trained cooks making your food! I had to return it because it tasted like it was microwaved and most likely was. Anyway, I hate to rant but honestly I cannot recommend this place in good conscious. This place needs to get their act together. How are you still in business?

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

After spending all day driving up Hwy 61 and back we just wanted to relax in our downtown hotel room with a pizza. Had driven by this location all weekend so we knew it was close. Boy we're we lucky. Thin, yet flavorful crust. Tasty, not diluted, sauce and good cheese. Nice spreading of our toppings. Our family size was gone in no time. Three of us.