“Well below my standards”

Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I paid a good amount of money during my four day stay at this establishment and had hoped for more. Upon arrival I was pleased to see the layout of the hotel, offering a more private stay with condo-type rooms. However, as I entered the room I found many reasons that changed my view on the establishment. In the shower there was hair from the previous guests all over the walls and in the tub. I reached for a glass mug from the cabinet to give to my daughter and noticed a dark coffee ring still inside it. The coffee was easily wiped out with a wet napkin, leading me to believe that the dishes had not been cleaned prior to being put away. I had to put all the dishes in the dish washer and start it before I could use any because I was not sure which ones had actually been cleaned. There was also hair in the sheets when I pulled back the covers of the bed to get in that night. I did call front desk for more sheets and blankets but did not receive them until we went down two more times to the front desk personally. The hotel was either understaffed or overbooked for the four days I was there because they left a note on our door that our housekeeping was not going to be done and if we needed towels to see the front desk staff. The advertised hot breakfast buffet was a horrible disaster. The poor woman who was working during the first two days of our stay was overwhelmed and broke into tears because she could not keep up with guest demands. The food was cold and was often empty. We ended up telling the front desk to go help her because they were somehow oblivious to the constant complaining form guests. The second woman we encountered on our stay during breakfast was the worst employee at any hotel I have ever been too. She was extremely rude to us. We were patiently waiting to see if there was going to be anything else set out since we arrived an hour and a half prior to breakfast ending and the only thing left was bread slices and yogurt and instead of greeting us or apologizing for the horrible breakfast she asked why we were standing around rudely and said that there wasn't going to be anything else put out. She definitely needs a brush up on manners and how to handle guests. The pool was probably the only satisfactory thing about this hotel, it is outdoors but it was still always warm and clean. The only downside is they do not monitor it so while I was trying to enjoy the pool with my three little children, older kids were messing around with out supervision

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank amberd998
There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We came up to Minneapolis to watch our son sing at the Twins game with the school Jazz choir and decided that we could make it a nice romantic trip for us. When looking at hotels, the one our son was staying at was very expensive. Being a bit frugal myself but wanting something nice for us to stay in, I was shocked when we could get a suite at Sonesta for just over half the cost of the hotel my son was staying at. Once we arrived, I was pleasantly shocked. I would stay here for a weekend or for a week! It felt like we had our own apartment... with a living area with fireplace and a full kitchen! We had an awesome hot breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit! Checkout was not until noon and we took advantage of that and just hung out at the suite. Very romantic place to stay and one of the most reasonable hotel rooms we could book, especially with a great AAA discount. If we come back to the twin cities, even if we bring the family, I know where we will be staying. I only wish there were more around the country, we would stay there every time we travel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017

GREAT Place to stay Room are nice and big, Staff i friendly Grounds are well kept and easy to get too. Our family had a GREAT time Staff at front desk was very helpful and friendly we would certainly come back for another stay. They were helpful and friendly to our children alo

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Austin T, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Hi Julie M!

Wow! What a great 5 star review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay in our large rooms! Look forward seeing you again!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Stayed at the Sonesta for 3 weeks in the 2BR/2BA loft suite. Felt very large and like an apartment. Had most of what I needed to cook and nice to have a full size stove and refrigerator along with a dishwasher. Pool and laundry room were convenient, and occasionally we attended breakfast and the evening social. Beds are very comfortable and nice to have 3 TV's. Location was absolutely ideal for us, as quick access to 35E, and 494. Really enjoyed chatting with staff, they recognize that you are there for awhile and make you feel welcome.

Hope to be able to stay there again next summer!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Currently staying at sonesta. Check in was a mess. One room not ready until well after 5 pm check in was to be at 3. Had three rooms booked and we are all separated not as requested. Even called ahead of time. Front desk said they would call when room was ready. We finally called them after 10 pm. Room 1523 was dirty broken shelves in closet dirty dishes in dishwasher. Air vent was extremely dirty . Durning night pieces of fireplace fell off. Went to front desk and said someone would take care of it. Saturday morning still not fixed. Letter pushed in doors stating no housekeeping because of volume of guest. If you want clean towels you must go to front desk. Went to front desk. Only three towels left!! Expressed how dissatisfied we are and never once acknowledge me. Won't be using them again. Very clear they don't care and it shows. Breakfast is served and when it's gone it's gone. Would not refill even coffee or oj. Waitstaff was rude. Do your self a favor and go somewhere else!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family