Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Eagan
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed at this property for three nights, we had two suites one with the king loft and two double beds the other was a king suite. From the moment we checked in everything was great. The staff were very nice and helpful and very polite. We encountered the following people Austin, James, Melanise, Nicole V, John B, Mike, and Andrea. You couldn't ask for a better group of people. Thank you so much for making our stay wonderful.
The kids had a blast at the pool and on the basketball court. Breakfast was nice and each day it changed which was good not eating the same things daily.
One thing that is not a reflection on the hotel but the guest fyi get a plate and put your food on it don't stand over the stream table eating or picking food out of the bowl with your hands. Tongs are provided.
Our room was very nice the beds were very comfortable. Our rooms we clean just can't say enough positive things about this location.
Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Lisa25600
There are newer reviews for Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The grounds were very unkept and not inviting at all. The staff was not friendly and would pass you without saying a word. We didn't receive house keeping during our 3 night stay. The complimentary breakfast options were minimal, food was not adequately replenished, and quality of the food was very poor. The photographs provided on the website do not accurately reflect the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Austin T, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hi H6254EGnancyb! Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review! Our main focus in training is cleanliness. We have made many adjustments to assure our cleanliness is our #1 focus. I also have sat down with our breakfast lead and discussed a new menu for our breakfast to stand out! Please contact me directly at 651-688-0363 to discuss your stay more.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Eagan before a flight to London. Property looked nice besides the bags of what it looked of as linen outside each town home. I was first put in a dirty room, dishes were not done, the bed was halfway made. I went back down to the front desk were the front desk staff was rude when I asked for a new room. It seemed as though she had something better to do. The next room was cosmetically fine but just as nasty. I moved the couch and there were wrappers under it. It looked as if it was never cleaned. I didn't have any towels so I called down to see if someone could bring them to my room and was told I'd have to come to the front desk to get them. The next morning breakfast was cold and the attendant was moving slow, looked unkept and highly upset. I asked the next front desk lady that afternoon if there was a manager I could speak with, although she looked like she was handling issues with a multitude of other guests she told me that she was the only manager on the weekends and Monday would be the best day to contact anyone above her for further assistance (she was the only one willing to help with my continuous issues). I called Monday to speak with the General Manager, I left a voicemail and she still has not returned my call. Sonesta has so much potential, but it seems as though it is slowly falling apart. This place clearly needs more training in hospitality ESPECIALLY there head manager. I would not recommend anyone to give this establishment a second glance.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello! Thank you for completing a TripAdvisor review. I am so sorry about your stay! The conditions of your room is unacceptable against our standards. I assure you we have addressed this and cleanness is our #1 focus in training. I also apologize about our General Manager not getting back to you yet. Please contact me, Austin, at 651-688-0363 to discuss more about your stay. Thank you

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I paid a good amount of money during my four day stay at this establishment and had hoped for more. Upon arrival I was pleased to see the layout of the hotel, offering a more private stay with condo-type rooms. However, as I entered the room I found many reasons that changed my view on the establishment. In the shower there was hair from the previous guests all over the walls and in the tub. I reached for a glass mug from the cabinet to give to my daughter and noticed a dark coffee ring still inside it. The coffee was easily wiped out with a wet napkin, leading me to believe that the dishes had not been cleaned prior to being put away. I had to put all the dishes in the dish washer and start it before I could use any because I was not sure which ones had actually been cleaned. There was also hair in the sheets when I pulled back the covers of the bed to get in that night. I did call front desk for more sheets and blankets but did not receive them until we went down two more times to the front desk personally. The hotel was either understaffed or overbooked for the four days I was there because they left a note on our door that our housekeeping was not going to be done and if we needed towels to see the front desk staff. The advertised hot breakfast buffet was a horrible disaster. The poor woman who was working during the first two days of our stay was overwhelmed and broke into tears because she could not keep up with guest demands. The food was cold and was often empty. We ended up telling the front desk to go help her because they were somehow oblivious to the constant complaining form guests. The second woman we encountered on our stay during breakfast was the worst employee at any hotel I have ever been too. She was extremely rude to us. We were patiently waiting to see if there was going to be anything else set out since we arrived an hour and a half prior to breakfast ending and the only thing left was bread slices and yogurt and instead of greeting us or apologizing for the horrible breakfast she asked why we were standing around rudely and said that there wasn't going to be anything else put out. She definitely needs a brush up on manners and how to handle guests. The pool was probably the only satisfactory thing about this hotel, it is outdoors but it was still always warm and clean. The only downside is they do not monitor it so while I was trying to enjoy the pool with my three little children, older kids were messing around with out supervision

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
2  Thank amberd998
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We came up to Minneapolis to watch our son sing at the Twins game with the school Jazz choir and decided that we could make it a nice romantic trip for us. When looking at hotels, the one our son was staying at was very expensive. Being a bit frugal myself but wanting something nice for us to stay in, I was shocked when we could get a suite at Sonesta for just over half the cost of the hotel my son was staying at. Once we arrived, I was pleasantly shocked. I would stay here for a weekend or for a week! It felt like we had our own apartment... with a living area with fireplace and a full kitchen! We had an awesome hot breakfast with pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh fruit! Checkout was not until noon and we took advantage of that and just hung out at the suite. Very romantic place to stay and one of the most reasonable hotel rooms we could book, especially with a great AAA discount. If we come back to the twin cities, even if we bring the family, I know where we will be staying. I only wish there were more around the country, we would stay there every time we travel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple